Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going thru the parts breakdowns of the 2014 maverick xmr and all other model of 2014 mavericks... all the parts are exact same except the covers... I thought the xmr had advertised clutch differences??

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya I looked at that to and didn't make sense. The Xmr comes with 30 inch tires also. Unless there was a change and they kept the part numbers the same. Idk

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's only thing I can figure is they used the same setups per vehicle after manufacturing, makes since,... to cut down on loads and loads of different inventory of spec parts and such.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I also checked the gearing in the diffs thinking they may have changed the ratios but they are the same across model lines also.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm I swear I read somewhere , that the xmr had different clutching??? am I mistaken?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Same cover as all 2014 models. Vent tube in the rear. Same belt, same clutch.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually just looked into the cover also, its actually same part number across all makes/models of the maverick

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so basically, all you are getting extra with a "XMR" is factory snorkles , air ride, and 30" backs and wheels..... nothing else! kinda disappointing in my opinion! im kinda glad I did go with the xrs-dps model myself. House of Cycles in Monroe Louisiana is offering a factory style snorkel kit now, pretty slick set up they have, no cutting of anything!

Reactions: ollie

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
It's all smoke and mirrors. I'll be interested to see how it holds up with the extra weight on all four corners. That will determine my next set of tires

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm surprised they went as agressive on the tires as they did. Kinda gave me some renewed hope(may be false hope) in strength of the axles if can am felt they could hold up on the xmr.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Axles really haven't ever been a big problem for can-am mavericks, very few break, just tie rod ends lol

·
Registered
371 Posts
I know they aren't overly weak and hold up good. It was just nice to see BRP has enough faith in them to offer a machine with those tires and a warranty.

·
Registered
367 Posts
you're also getting the winch with dashboard control and wired remote,on board air compressor,
Air hose,steering wheel upgrade,the dashboard is already complete,the cowling for the snorkels and beautiful 14" wheels.
add all that up plus the tires,air ride suspension,snorkel kit
,installation,tax and shipping.
No brainer for me

Reactions: MUD_DYNASTY

·
Registered
367 Posts
This is the 9th side by side I've purchased and the one I have had to do the least amount of mods to.
Can am already did most of them for me.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I didn't see anything on can am off-road site about the Xmr having different clutching. It didn't say anything about it so I assume it's the same as a 1000r and the xrs.

·
Registered
367 Posts
They removed it from their website.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
probably cause there isnt any upgrade to it considering the part numbers are all the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
there is an upgrade that you guys are missing... you all are all over it, around it! I will let you all know after mud nats... i've been sworn to keep this a secret!

·
Registered
367 Posts
ok...you've got my "spidey senses" tingling...
is there a spacer that needs to be removed???
fairy dust???
tell us...don't hold nothing back
: )

1 - 20 of 38 Posts