Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I checked my and not only does my driver’s side upper front bushing look like yours, my passenger side shows the similar issue although not as bad.
But I'm not pissed nor do I regret my 1st year purchase. I still vividly remember the growing pains the RZR's had. I'm certain can-am will fix it under warranty, and if they don't come up with a long term fix, I'll spend a few bucks on header wrap.
And before someone calls me out, 500+ miles and no longer 0 problems.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
please edit that, Frank does not need a bigger head. He barely knows how to drive his maverick.

lol hey i was takin it easy breakin her in gently this weekend , lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well I checked my and not only does my driver’s side upper front bushing look like yours, my passenger side shows the similar issue although not as bad.
But I'm not pissed nor do I regret my 1st year purchase. I still vividly remember the growing pains the RZR's had. I'm certain can-am will fix it under warranty, and if they don't come up with a long term fix, I'll spend a few bucks on header wrap.
And before someone calls me out, 500+ miles and no longer 0 problems.
thx for the info !

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Mine looks to be alright for now
How many miles, ur was still new kinda right ?

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
ya let us know, thx
Both sides of mine look perfect. I also noticed there are very thin metal washers with tab retainers on each side of the bushings. I've got 405 mi and 23.7 hrs.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts
Its the heat from the exhaust that is heating up the bushing and then deforming it.

Most people will most likely not have this issue due to driving style. Driving the Maverick hard consistently will produce the heat that deforms the bushings and plastic panels in the rear of the machine.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd say the catalytic converter generates a lot of excess heat when driving hard. Just another reason to remove it lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is Derlin (sp?) more heat resistant? Installed a set from UTV Inc on my RZR after the factory set squashed and didn't have any more issues. Although heat wasn't the cause...

Johnny-Nick... Bushings in the works!?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
hopefully !

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
anyone else having this problem ? they sent pics to can am today we will see what they say

·
Registered
179 Posts
Why put in heat resistant bushings when you can just get some DEI header wrap from autozone and wrap the exhaust near the bushing.. Problem solved before it happens and its cheap! I already isolated my cup holders with a DEI starter wrap.. Works like a champ!!

Myron

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Why put in heat resistant bushings when you can just get some DEI header wrap from autozone and wrap the exhaust near the bushing.. Problem solved before it happens and its cheap! I already isolated my cup holders with a DEI starter wrap.. Works like a champ!!

Myron
proly gonna jethotcoat it or wrap it, but im seeing a front one doing it a lil to , and theres no heat there, !

·
Registered
179 Posts
Benzo,

Do you think it is getting hot from internal friction and not heat? I was looking close at mine and It sure looks like the exhaust is pretty close to the rear brake lines and that can cause problems as well.. I'm gonna wrap mine tomorrow just for grins.. Its only got a few hours on it, so I hope I caught it early...

Myron

21 - 37 of 37 Posts