Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SO I think the HEAT from the exhaust thats running right by this bushing is getting so hot and turning the bushing soft and smashing the rubber ,

looks like we need heat resistant bushings for the maverick in the rear atleast ,

only 100 miles ,

the driver side rear upper a-arm , seems to be smashed more to one side and a gap on the other,

all bolts are tight - and the thin metal tab thing broke and rubbed the powder coat off,

a.jpg m.jpg r.jpg

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looks like just a defective bushing. Take it in under warranty they will just need to push i out and replace with new. I know youv had bad luck but that should not be a biggie. The rear seal is bull though. I hope you get your rig sorted out. This forum should start a known issues thread so people can shove the warranty denials from can am up thier asses and sue them as it is easily demonstrated its a can am problem and not users abusing these things. We all need to document here to help ourselves down the road.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
One of my thin metal tab things ripped out, but all my a arms are centered in the mount. Looks to me like either the tab on the frame is off a little, or the a arm is off a little.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
I actually think those are supposed to fall off or be removed after installation. All of mine were broke after the first or second ride so I snipped them all off. If you take a close look it seems like they are easy to break off after install.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You may have banged or landed on that side hard or something, and it pushed on the mount. Or it was made that way and you can now notice it. You may have to look into one of the gusset kits. Remember always check your A-Arm hardware before going out on a ride. Do like we do in the Aviation community, use slippage mark. White out or permanent marker, mark from bolt head or the nut on the frame or base. If it moves you'll be able to tell from the mark, use for quick visual. Just a thought. Thanks

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You may have banged or landed on that side hard or something, and it pushed on the mount. Or it was made that way and you can now notice it. You may have to look into one of the gusset kits. Remember always check your A-Arm hardware before going out on a ride. Do like we do in the Aviation community, use slippage mark. White out or permanent marker, mark from bolt head or the nut on the frame or base. If it moves you'll be able to tell from the mark, use for quick visual. Just a thought. Thanks

i never landed hard or bad on that tire, all bolts are tight havnt moved, only gusset they make for the rear is the very back one where u would put the hitch reciever

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SO I think the HEAT from the exhaust thats running right by this bushing is getting so hot and turning the bushing soft and smashing the rubber ,

looks like we need heat resistant bushings for the maverick in the rear atleast ,

heat shield or something

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone else have this happening ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Remember always check your A-Arm hardware before going out on a ride. Do like we do in the Aviation community, use slippage mark. White out or permanent marker, mark from bolt head or the nut on the frame or base. If it moves you'll be able to tell from the mark, use for quick visual. Just a thought. Thanks
Great idea

·
Registered
791 Posts

heat shield or something
Makes sense, nice detective work, sounds like an easy fix

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
This machine is starting to sound ugly

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
anyone else have this happening ?
I'll check mine tonight.I have at least 500 mile on mine with about 30 hrs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts