Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a winch for our XXC. Dealer tells me that only a few winches will fit since the gap on the bumper is narrow. He mentioned the warn winch fitting and a 4000 viper. Is like to get the viper elite widespool but wanted to make certain it will fit. I am told it will fit but the XXC's are so new I would like to hear from someone with one mounted.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Most every winch will fit. You just have to get the winch mount that has the correct mounting holes for your winch to mount to. I've got a warn rt40 but I wanted to use the can am factory winch mount. There are several company's that make winch mounts to fit different brands. You just need to decide what winch you want first, then call around to the companies that have winch mounts and verify figment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was under the impression that the XXC simply had shorter control arms but the frame spacing was the same. Not to screw up or get off track on your post. Just thinkjng that all the winch mounting plates I have seen fit all Mavericks. I assume this would mean that winch model fitment would be the same for any of the Maverick models.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have the Viper elite widespool 5000 on my XRS. Great winch if it fits. Wireless remote is mighty handy!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Warn vantage 4k

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Kfi makes a nice winch I have used 2 of them so far. A 2500 and their 4500 on my popo ranger with zero issues.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Viper Elite. I just wired it up this week, so I haven't used it outside of the garage yet. It's mounted on a UTVinc low profile mount that is also a gusset. This mount doesn't interfere with me taking the front bumper on and off so I can make the Max fit in my 12' long garage in my toy hauler.
IMG_3862.jpg

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Viper 3500 image.jpg
Went with a custom switch and used the factory wiring except for main power and ground

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Viper Elite. I just wired it up this week, so I haven't used it outside of the garage yet. It's mounted on a UTVinc low profile mount that is also a gusset. This mount doesn't interfere with me taking the front bumper on and off so I can make the Max fit in my 12' long garage in my toy hauler.
View attachment 8445
That mount looks good. I'll have to check them out!

·
Registered
144 Posts
View attachment 8445
Micahmiles,
I'm getting ready to wire mine up too. Can you say exactly how you went about this in detail? Did you follow someone else's how to install guide? Please help

·
Registered
223 Posts
No real special method to this, but I'll tell you what I did on my Max. Winches are simple to wire up, but you should take time to carefully route the cabling. On my Max I pulled the passenger side lower panels the passenger seat and the switch panel and ran the wires through the center of the "firewall" next to the coolant line back to the battery (under rear passenger seat). I wanted some additional water draining near the battery so I drilled about a 3/4" hole in the floor on the outside of the battery tray (near the rear) and routed the winch leads through there as well. I used multiple zip ties to secure the relay to the underside of the passenger grab handle, which helps clear the exhaust and engine of the cabling and helps keep it higher and dryer.

I placed the wireless remote under the passenger seat flush mounted in the "mystery hole". Zip tie all wiring taught, but not too tight, to the coolant line hook points and bundle all wires with zip ties. Make sure no wires are near the driveshaft.

Follow the connection instructions provided with the winch, but they are pretty straightforward. The winch kits are fairly plug and play.

Let me know of you would like any pictures and take some and upload.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts
Who has better price on the viper5k elite already have a quote but just seeing what's out there

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Who has better price on the viper5k elite already have a quote but just seeing what's out there
Did you get your quote from Devious Powersports

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
114 Posts
Thanks for the great support of our VIPER winches gang! We sold around 8,000 last year and going strong.

We really appreciate these boards and will keep producing high quality winches.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just ordered the viper 5k wide spool. Will any of the factory wires that came pre-wired on my Mav work with the viper winches. Appears to wired for a dash switch behind the switch panel and a bunch of wires tied off above passenger side front shock for the relay block? Will any of this work?? Please let me know.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts