Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Maverick is still new, hasn't been out in the mud yet. Does anyone have any tips or know of any products to use to make the mud wash off easier after a ride? I have seen spray waxes that claim you just spray it on and wash it off to protect the UTV and also X-treme clean makes a product called mud guard thats supposed to help make clean ups easier. Anyone got any other tips or tricks?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Non stick pam used in cooking.
Works killer for tire lube too!

I used to use "No Touch" tire slime. Hose the mud off and re-slime. Looks like a million bucks going down the road on the trailer for a few mins before it gets dirty again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Works killer for tire lube too!

I used to use "No Touch" tire slime. Hose the mud off and re-slime. Looks like a million bucks going down the road on the trailer for a few mins before it gets dirty again.
Doesn't Pam leave a sticky mess? Seems like it would be greasy on the interior parts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wd-40 or speed wax by maxima !

·
Registered
728 Posts
A few years ago I read the label on WD40 and it said not to use on rubber parts. It may have a newer formula by now. I had bought a gallon of it to use on my quad, but to many rubber parts on the quad so I still have a gallon of WD40. I have been using Armorall for mud pre mudding. I only used it once when I was in dusty conditions. It attracted dust like a magnet.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
you just spray wd40 straight to the plastics and wipe it on?
u can spray it on the rag good soak it , then wipe where needed, so u dont get over spray everywhere, i would think - ive never done it tho

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
As said above sc1.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Look up ULTRA EVER DRY on youtube !!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE

mine just came in , havnt had time to apply yet.

It says may leave a chaulky residue, so i will not top side plastics, but will treat EVERYTHING else !

May treat topside plastics, AFTER i do the bottom of them , and compare the difference in looks.

PS, i ordered mine from Global Indrustrial . but several places to buy from .

Warning. its EXPENSIVE

$60 a quart for base coating
$100 a quart for top coating

I also ordered the special spray bottle applicators $ 70 for a pair, but they are just a one time buy. you can use , automotive style paint guns. but i didnt have any.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I once read where someone recommended Pledge to keep mud from sticking. Might make you smell all lemony too.

I wish I would have used something this weekend. I hate the mud....well, I just hate cleaning mud....and usually ride in the dunes. Took the Mav to Red River this Saturday after they just got an inch of rain that night. I am not sure there was a single part not covered in mud. I spent about 3 hours cleaning that thing yesterday and still don't feel like I got it all off.

It was a blast riding though!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Do all the silicone sprays attract the dust though? I used to put WD on my mx bikes but after each moto the whole bikes looked like big brown turds. All the dust just sticks like glue, easy to clean off but didn't look very good until washed off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts