Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Buy all three..
But at the end of the day you want the one not broke down so go Maverick.
Did you think you would get a diff answer on a Maverick forum

·
Registered
806 Posts
LOL. My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ah, We're going to need little more info! West coast or east?? What type of ridding you do? Dunes, Trails, Race, Mud???

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
welcome to the forum - but help us help you by giving us some more information about what you are looking for in your next SxS and we can give you the Pro's and Con's based on our own experiences.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a thread asking the same question with a bunch of responses.

This is a Maverick forum, they are all going to say Maverick. RZR Forum will all say RZR, Cat forum will all say Cat. Nobody wants to spend $15-20k on a machine and say it sucks and that you should buy something else. The question you should ask is WHY you should buy machine X over the others. Every machine has its pros and cons.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Last year in September i was going to by a SXS, i finally bought one in January. I bought a maverick because of a few very important reasons. Check your local dealers and talk with them about warrenty work. I know the local polaris dealer for over 15 yrs. If you have friends who have purchased from them ask questions. Can am and polaris were both about 10 min away so that was a push cat dealer was about two hrs away and the more i looked into the cats motor with the belt issue and leaking oil i ruled it out. I really liked the cat, the looks suspension i really wanted to buy one. I had a few friends who bought from our local polaris dealer. They all did not have good things to say. I had bought a can am renegade 800 from the can am dealer wnd was very pleased with there service. I also went and talked with the guys at muzzys, they said they all will have issues so it's what you want. I bought a maverick because of the fit and finish and it is built like a tank. I trail ride, race and hit the dunes hard and fast. Check out the vid section and go through the thread My XRS shocks reworked. The only damage i have had is a front tie rod when i was hit going into a corner. The last time i was at the Oregon coast i gave a few people rides. They are all going out and buy mavericks now. One of the guys friend has a RZR. I also reminded them that i had my shocks revalved and new longer springs but it only cost 950 bucks. If you get a 2013 at a good price add power steering, clutch, reworked shocks, and new tie rods and you are good to go.

I have a friend with a new wildcat X ... less than ten hrs on it already replaced his belt and has a oil leak.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have a thread asking the same question with a bunch of responses.

This is a Maverick forum, they are all going to say Maverick. RZR Forum will all say RZR, Cat forum will all say Cat. Nobody wants to spend $15-20k on a machine and say it sucks and that you should buy something else. The question you should ask is WHY you should buy machine X over the others. Every machine has its pros and cons.
While that may be true because the people on this forum are Can-am owners, I will tell you to buy what you feel comfortable. If you buy the 1000 XP, know that there will be something faster next year. There is no way around it. You will have the latest and greatest for 6 to 11 months then you will be outdated. The SxS industry has become as bad as the computer industry. You can't stay on top for more then a few months. I am a little disappointed, as I have said before I was one of the first west coasters to get a Commander which was top dog for about 4 months. Then I was one of the first west coasters to get the mav which was top dog for about 9 months.

Again, I have resigned to the fact if I sell my mav and get a 1000 XP, by this time next year something will be faster. I am really interested in the Wildcat X for next year, I think Arcticat will step up and beat both can-am and polaris. I really want Kawasaki to get in the high end SxS game. I think they would work everyone in high end SxS's. Until then I am really happy with my Mav, it's fast, has great suspension and is super comfortable.

The fit and finish on the can-am's are hands down better then the XPs period. I like the suspension and foot print design on the Arctic Cat the best, I think with a little tweaking it will really be awesome. Most of all the power on the 1000 XP is bad ass, if you could meld the 3 you would have a super SxS.

Good luck with your choice, I don't think you would go wrong with any of the 3.

Dennis

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
They all will have issues. So it's similar to choosing a wife, dont pick because of all the things you love about it, pick it because you can accept or live with the things you dont like about it. My experience has taught me this advise has a better chance to lead you to long term happiness. With that said, there is no other SxS on the market today that has a better engine reputation and overall better fit & finish than the Can-Am products. And the others brand will not argue with you on that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i do dune riding and whoop out sand tracks want some thing that does not kick in the rear end like the 900 xp
by the way i am in australia

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
i do dune riding and whoop out sand tracks want some thing that does not kick in the rear end like the 900 xp
by the way i am in australia
Unfortunately both the Polaris and Maverick have that problem in stock trim. You can adjust the Maverick ashocks and tune some of that out but if you really want the best setup, you will need ot have them resprung and valved. From those that have dobe it have been very happy with the results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts