Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my stock tires and wheels! I'm going with 14x7 wheels and 30" tires same size all around. Ridding in Utah different terrain from soft to slick rock at all speeds depending on who i'm ridding with. Should I go with ITP ultracross or CST LOBO

·
Registered
99 Posts
Take a look at the moto claw... They will take on anything you can throw at them, great trail manors smooth on high speed hard pack hook up in the rocks , mud and snow... The 30" x10"X14"s run a tad over 29.5 ... I run them on my xrs with no rub... Tried a lot of different tires and hated them... My buddy tried out the moto hammers and loves them, no more tire issues! moto claws or the moto hammers will get you there and back!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
look at the sti chicane they are similar to the ultracross. Chevycraig has a set and thinks they are the business. You can get them here local for 165 a tire out the door.
How was the break in ride?
I didn't go out last weekend. I bitched out because of the cold but i'm going tomorrow for sure. If you want to go. The Dude on the forums is thinking about making the trip down. I'm going with one of the ultracross, I know they are proven and I can get a sweet deal on them through work.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take a look at the moto claw... They will take on anything you can throw at them, great trail manors smooth on high speed hard pack hook up in the rocks , mud and snow... The 30" x10"X14"s run a tad over 29.5 ... I run them on my xrs with no rub... Tried a lot of different tires and hated them... My buddy tried out the moto hammers and loves them, no more tire issues! moto claws or the moto hammers will get you there and back!
I looked at those and considered them but they are super heavy and more expensive.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ultracross for sure.
Don't buy the CST tires

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I went with Cory Sappington in 2014 for the baja 1000 and 1200+ miles and not one flat with no bead locks. Is why I was considering them. Why do you say not to buy them? I'm just curious because no one really knows anything about them.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
You'll be much happier with the ITP. That's what I run. The only other tire I would consider at this point in time is the Tensor

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later