Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you run?? and what type of terrain??

Ive been trying to find that sweet spot on my tire pressure...I tried running around 6PSI in the rear and 8PSI up front and I like the traction and the way the tire flexes but I blew 2 beads already...I run a different variety of terrains dirt, mud, rocks etc..we have everything except sand dunes over here...but we do have the beach for some sand runs...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I run 16 rear and 12-14 front for desert and track riding....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
16 psi here. Been running that since the start and never had any problems. I check it every other ride along with the headlocks for tightness and that covers all terrain I ride in.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
15 all the way around when it's wet or loose 17 when it's dry. Anything less than 12 and the tire rolls really hard on the rim in hard turns.
That's on 27" tires and 14" wheels
With 30" bighorns and 14" wheels I was a pound or two higher. 16-17 psi seemed to work them best all the time with the bighorns.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm with you Allen, I can't run less then 16 psi, I will run them off the rim, no bead locks. Plus too much sidewall flex with any less. Turns way better this way. If I was rock crawling I would lower 4 or 5 psi.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I ran 4 in the dunes all weekend with no beadlocks and ran it hard with no issues. Hooked up great also. For desert I got 8 front and 7 rear.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but I run 15 in my regulators and they roll over way too much in turns, might bump them up to 16-17 as I am mostly on hard pack.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts