Premium Member
14,109 Posts
Can Am Linq 12 gallon trunk box
OR
Ryfab jumbo aluminum cargo storage box
OR
Ironclad industries storage box

Or is there another option
Sand Shark had a thread about a box he bought. It's probably a couple of years old now, but IMO, that's still the cleanest looking box for an X3 I've seen. Try a search, or PM him.

Reactions: Dempsey

·
Premium Member
14,109 Posts
Yep, that's it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually called Triumph Motorsports to chat with them about it. The dude that answered the phone was not very friendly. When I starting asking questions about specs he hung up on me. Tried calling back a few times and received no answer

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
If it helps, I have used the 23G Can Am Linq trunk box for 2 years now. It has worked well enough thus far (I realize that you are only looking at the 12G version, but some of this may still help).

PROS:
-Easy/quick on/off via Linq. Fastens tight to the bed with no movement if you use the small aluminum rear hook it comes with.
-No water gets in
-A little dust gets in over time (via the hinges I think)
-Plenty of room to store items (again, mine is the tall one, so that likely helps)
-Quite durable/structurally sound for being plastic.
-Only $300 vs $600 steel.

CONS:
-Has a narrow opening, so anything rigid that is larger than 7"x7"x7" won't fit without some square peg in round hole creativity. If the item is pliable (like a larger soft cooler), then it can be weaseled/collapsed to get in, and then expand to size once in the truck body.
-Once it 's full of stuff, if you need to access whatever is in the corners, you may have to take a couple middle items out to slide/reach the corner items.
-The tall 23G trunk blocks ALL rear view (except blue sky). But with a back-up camera and SB Particle Separator already blocking the view already, I don't care. (The shorter 12G may not block the rear view I don't believe?)
-Finding an ice chest that fits may be challenging. I'm going to buy the AO motorcycle saddlebag cooler (again, mine is the tall one though).
-Sharp plastic edges inside the mouth of the trunk can slice/tear smooth plastic and rubber. Ruined my IceMule cooler by taking it in/out since it was a little oversized. Canvas/Cordura should fare better.
-$300 for plastic kind-of hurts. Paying for "Can Am", Linq, etc. I was able to get 30% off, so it wasn't as bad.

Maybe check out some youtube videos of it. I saw one with a guy who really loads it up for comparison.

Sorry, I can't help with Ryfab, but they sure do look nice and fully accessible with the entire lid opening.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Chupacabra off-road just released a new storage box/spare tire holder at the SSSS. Cool idea worth a look.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I actually called Triumph Motorsports to chat with them about it. The dude that answered the phone was not very friendly. When I starting asking questions about specs he hung up on me. Tried calling back a few times and received no answer
I guess he doesn't want your money.

·
Premium Member
14,109 Posts
WOW, in this day and age I would figure every sale is a must. I still thinks it's the best storage box out there. Did you check out their website? They should list dimensions on there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW, in this day and age I would figure every sale is a must. I still thinks it's the best storage box out there. Did you check out their website? They should list dimensions on there.
That I was thought as well. I didn't bother looking after the phone call. Figured I will take my business else where if my money isn't any good there

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chupacabra off-road just released a new storage box/spare tire holder at the SSSS. Cool idea worth a look.
Checked there entire website and was only able to find storage door bags.

Looks like the only thing they sell are door bags, lighting, whips, mirrors and clothing

·
Premium Member
14,109 Posts
That I was thought as well. I didn't bother looking after the phone call. Figured I will take my business else where if my money isn't any good there
Yep, I would too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased the Triumph box. I added weather stripping on the lid, replaced the 2 small hinges with a full length hinge, caulked the random 1/8” holes and Raptor coated the entire box. Now it’s a nice box. Fits under the linq very early. It sounds like a lot of additional work, but worth it for the money.

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
That is a bummer as they are usually very helpful. The Sand Show was this weekend and they were out there. Might have the shop kids answering the phone that normally do not deal with customers.

What questions do you have? I have the box and can probably answer some of your questions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I purchased the Triumph box. I added weather stripping on the lid, replaced the 2 small hinges with a full length hinge, caulked the random 1/8” holes and Raptor coated the entire box. Now it’s a nice box. Fits under the linq very early. It sounds like a lot of additional work, but worth it for the money.
Seems like alot of extra work for the price.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is a bummer as they are usually very helpful. The Sand Show was this weekend and they were out there. Might have the shop kids answering the phone that normally do not deal with customers.

What questions do you have? I have the box and can probably answer some of your questions.
How much of the bed it covered. Weight. Coating. Locking. Height. Material.

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
How much of the bed it covered. Weight. Coating. Locking. Height. Material.
It covers the whole bed. It is 6 1/2” high and is around 1 3/4” higher than the bed rail . It is made from aluminium. I forgot what it weighs and might be in the thread I did about it. It does not weigh much.

It has a lock and key. You do have to add weather stripping and I used flex seal to cover some of the holes to make of weather proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts