Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

What spare parts & hardware should I have on the ready?

5K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Umesh Sodhani 
#1 ·
I've owned a Maverick x3 Turbo rs since January. Pretty much every time we go out we've smashed up parts and pieces. Mostly busted up the front end by smashing into stuff.

Have now done some upgrades in that area, but even so, last ride we tore up the front left pretty bad after smashing into a big root structure. On another adventure, destroyed the rear radius arms, since upgraded too...

After reading some threads is appears that this isn't far out of the norm. What should I have in the car/or my truck back at camp, so that I can fix the vehicle if need be and not leave it stranded in the woods or on the mountain?

See less See more
#4 ·
Seriously though, parts are subjective as to what to bring along. Spare belts are a definite. If you get aftermarket chromoly lower a arms, you don't have to worry about them much. I'd say at all, but I've seen your videos, LOL. Front end gusset kit, and aftermarket rear radius arms will save you some grief.

#6 ·
Have you tried not smashing into stuff so it won't break??? It's not a tank...its a Can Am just so you know :ROFLMAO:. On a more serious note having watched your videos and the knar places you prefer to ride not sure the 72" Max is the right rig, it's big and wide. The shorter wheel base 2 seater and 64" models would allow you to pick lines a little easier in the tight stuff instead of bouncing off trees and rocks here in the PNW. You typically bend radius rod arms a bit less as well.

#12 ·
Tiger your videos are fun to watch looks like all are having fun so that's important, with that said more fun can be had if you just realize that these things can only be built and driven with limits. For fun go out one trip take more Beer and make it a goal to only do what you are sure is easy one try at all obstacles. What trying to say is have fun without always testing equipment and see what its like to make it back to camp without breaking stuff. Don't know about others but for me back to camp is 1st priority on all my rides i have nothing to prove .

#14 ·
I’m sure everyone says this we we ride the roughest stuff around and don’t really break stuff..... usually . lol shit happens from time to time but these ain’t a dirt bike. No brand would hold up to your abuse. I think you could demolish a trophy truck in just a few minutes. Ball joints, tie rod ends, spare radius rods, knuckles , tie rods. Just to name a few as stated earlier in my group we could about rebuild one with the spare parts at camp and what’s in our buggies . I’ve never seen anyone drive like you but hey different strokes for different folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 · (Edited)
I've ridden dirt bikes over 25yrs and had many Jeeps and the way you ride a dirt bike vs wheel is entirely different. Bikes you hit obstacles head on to minimize deflection with one wheel and to maintain momentum not so in the SxS world. Angles are your friends and not always choosing the most brutal line will benefit your speed.

#18 ·
I ride with two groups, one fast and one a little slower. The fast group has guys who constantly break things every ride, My suspension is stock at the moment along with front and rear arms. Not sure how some of these guys bend A arms and trailing arms. Personally I think its knowing how to read the terrain and when to cool it. I really like chasing down the macho guys with all the bling on their cars, Just because your car is all set up doesn't mean you know how to drive.

#24 ·
I'm getting a 404 error message.

That link didn't work, this one should. Thanks.

#25 ·
This too appears to be a good thread for my question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.