Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

What seat is your sub under?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been getting a lot of inquiries for a single side EXR Fuel Tank that will add roughly 4.5 gallons of extra gas to your X3. But we don't know what side to build it for. The tank will be the exact same shape and could go on either but the filler neck should be by the door for easy fill up. The few X3s I have built had SSV subs under the passenger seat. We want to know if you guys have a different set up. What seat is your sub under so we can build the tank accordingly.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
mine is in the dash
next to the mtx radio amp

·
Vendor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're all too embarrassed to admit they have a sub woofer in their SXS.... 🤣 🤣

Tim
When I started travelling around the country I thought the same thing. In the southwest and prerunning down in mexico, we just played music through the head sets. As I got into the south and the mud markets and slower technical trails, headsets weren't used and a little noise was nice. I'm indifferent on the stereo thing these days but they are so popular that we want to make sure we are accommodating those that have subs under the seat.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Honestly I don’t think the southern market is in need of extra fuel capacity but I understand wanting to fit the market the best you can.

·
Vendor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly I don’t think the southern market is in need of extra fuel capacity but I understand wanting to fit the market the best you can.
I kinda agree, I was comparing the riding styles. I was in a little bubble and that bubble got popped pretty quick when I left the southwest. The mud is a blast, until you have to clean the car or work on it haha. We are getting lots of request for a single sided tank from all over the country, its now in the design que, I just need to know what side yall want it to be on.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
I kinda agree, I was comparing the riding styles. I was in a little bubble and that bubble got popped pretty quick when I left the southwest. The mud is a blast, until you have to clean the car or work on it haha. We are getting lots of request for a single sided tank from all over the country, its now in the design que, I just need to know what side yall want it to be on.
Port que no Los dos?

Tim

Watch "Por que no los dos!" on YouTube

·
Registered
83 Posts
passenger side is probably easier because fuel neck is on this side.
also, maybe stupid..but for single rider, having the weight of extra fuel on the passenger side might help to balance the car???
Oh and i keep some snacks under my seat sometime so its easy to reach while riding in relax mode...cant reach under the passenger seat...just saying..

·
Vendor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
passenger side is probably easier because fuel neck is on this side.
also, maybe stupid..but for single rider, having the weight of extra fuel on the passenger side might help to balance the car???
Oh and i keep some snacks under my seat sometime so its easy to reach while riding in relax mode...cant reach under the passenger seat...just saying..
You sir have the exact same thoughts we do. Passenger side makes logical sense to us but the few cars I have built for customers, the sub goes under the passenger seat. If you guys want a 5 gallon tank under the passenger seat and there is enough interest, we will build it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a sub under the driver side, air compressor on passenger side, if you make a tank for the passenger side, I will relocate the compressor. I have a 4 seater.

·
Registered
83 Posts
how hard would it be to offer both? R&D would be more expensive but on the long run It could be worth it i think

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would perfer driver side if the costs were reasonable…

·
Vendor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how hard would it be to offer both? R&D would be more expensive but on the long run It could be worth it i think
I was under the assumption that one side would be the clear winner. One tank to R&D, one part number for the catalog. The simpler and faster we can make things the cheaper we can offer it without giving up the quality standards we strive for. We are a very small company so its not quite as easy so we just cant throw money and time at a project like some of the big guys. But solving problems is what makes the job fun for us.

I would perfer driver side if the costs were reasonable…
Thank you sir. Would you be happy with an extra 4 gallons?

My sub is under the driver seat
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great, thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, 4 gallons would be great!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts