Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,m looking at the possiblilty on how to lower the seats.Fabbing is not the problem,I just haven,t seen a pic of anything yet.Looking to get about 4" or more.

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
the metal gas tank is under the passenger seat. plastic pocket under the drivers seat. If you installed a fuel cell in the rear you could do it, but the fuel cell would be really high.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Or not have a ten gal tank. An eight gallon tank would have been a good bit shorter and the Mav really gets good gas mileage

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If I wanted to sit on the ground I would have bought a wildcat. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It wouldn't bother me a bit for the seats to have been a few inches shorter

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the metal gas tank is under the passenger seat. plastic pocket under the drivers seat. If you installed a fuel cell in the rear you could do it, but the fuel cell would be really high.
How much room is there between the seat and the tank?Is there enough to get a couple of inches with some fabbing?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
How much room is there between the seat and the tank?Is there enough to get a couple of inches with some fabbing?
Maybe 1" depending on what material is used for the seat support frame. But much more than that is available.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks,I,d be looking to lower the cage and cog.A fuel cell would have to be fabbed instead of putting one in the bed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts