Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want something that will protect the lights but not interfere with the BRP rear storage trunk.

Suggestions?

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
UTV inc has a bolt-on rear bumper that will give you some protection. However it may not clearance the box.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
TurnKey makes one and I think CT Race Worx has one now as well.....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
UTV inc has a bolt-on rear bumper that will give you some protection. However it may not clearance the box.
I considered that bumper. Then quickly ruled it out for this very reason. The bars that tie the bumper into the cage were at an angle that would have prevented me from opening the lid on my storage box, so sadly that was a no-go. Too bad, because I really like the look of the cage tied in with the rear bumper.

I ended up with a TurnKey Baja rear bumper that I really like. Thought maybe I will custom design some spines that will tie into the cage and still provide enough clearance to open the box lid.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Dragon Fire Racing makes one but it doesn't really protect the lights

Reactions: SCOTTDMAX

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Dragonfire has a pretty good price point on theirs. I do like the turn keys also. I believe it may incorporate a receiver hitch also, but not positive. I have been looking into one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
you can make one like this if you want to protect the lights but make it bolt-on.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire
I built this one, with the cage clamps I can unbolt it.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I think I like that better than any I have seen! You built it yourself?

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
That's what I was thinking too! How much?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ihave the Turnkey baja bumper with the reciever hitch and there is few small problem. There are two upper bolts that are a pain to get tight. I bought the bumper to use a "D" ring to tie my maverick down. I am going to drill a hole from the top to fix this issue. Just some info for anyone wanting to get this bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Drill a hole to fix what? I'm not understanding the issue other than bolts hard to tighten on the top.

·
Registered
651 Posts
When you look at the first picture there is no room to slide anything through the hole, the down tubes from the bumper are in the way. I tried two other"D" ring setups i had and they both had clearance problems. There are few solutions drill a hole from the top or get a longer piece of metal. I am going to drill a set of holes to keep everythin behind the down tubes of the bumper. In the third picture the "D" ring in not through the attachment hole.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Looks like me and my brother are going to build some bumpers, the exact price is not nailed down yet but prolly around $600, that's with no powder coating. Working on a front bumper also. Message me if you would be interested. Thx.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts

We've taken the week off for product development but today we worked on rear bumpers. We're just trying to figure out what design we're going to run with.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts