Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what one would be better to get? 2013 or 2014. What improvements have they done in the 2014 that would make it better to get then the 2013?

Thanks.. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok who is going to be the first one to yell at me. ? My bad, just was the other post kind of about this.. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was willing to pay more to get the color I wanted in the 2014 model. I really like the white/black/red one. Yes I get other stuff like power steering and QE, but I could have added those to a cheaper 2013. It is still a lot of money either way, so I got what I wanted. No regrets. If I liked the yellow/black better, I would have gotten a 2013.

TM

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I was willing to pay more to get the color I wanted in the 2014 model. I really like the white/black/red one. Yes I get other stuff like power steering and QE, but I could have added those to a cheaper 2013. It is still a lot of money either way, so I got what I wanted. No regrets. If I liked the yellow/black better, I would have gotten a 2013.

TM
You could have added the different colors to a 2013 for way less than the cost difference of a 13 vs 14.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You could have added the different colors to a 2013 for way less than the cost difference of a 13 vs 14.
How are you gonna do that? Plastic is probably expensive and probably not available right now anyway. Get the color you want and don't screw around trying to make it the color you want, is my thinking. Painting the plastic is stupid I think. That's just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If your riding dunes and color doesn't matter go with the 13. I wish I had waited for the 14 and got the QE and power steering in a way, but I am tickled with my purchase overall. Just ready for a big ride so I can pressure test it. I have scratches all over it with 75 miles so I'm redi to turn her loose.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Anyone that thinks the deals on the 13's arent good enough need to look again at what everything else costs. I cant believe they have them discounted so much this fast.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I bought my '13 XRS in late july. I pulled the trigger cuz The price was $13,999 with 2yr extended warranty and a half price SVC plan. I was cruising an 08 Teryx with std bore kit and long travel, was getting smoked by all my buddies xp's and now I'll be the misfit of the crew with the Mav but the bang for the buck for me was obvious, we'll see how I did come dune season.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
How are you gonna do that? Plastic is probably expensive and probably not available right now anyway. Get the color you want and don't screw around trying to make it the color you want, is my thinking. Painting the plastic is stupid I think. That's just my 2 cents.
Buy the 13 for $14K and then order your plastics etc….when it comes in eventually, sell off all of the yellow stuff to recoup some of the cost. It will sell like hotcakes on here…… By the aftermarket PS for $600 and the QE if you really think you need it for $1000 and you are gonna be a few $K ahead of the game…oh and by the way….you will be the only Red/White/black 2013 Mav around :)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
$14000 huh. Just a few weeks ago guys were on here saying they couldn't even get one and now they're dumping them for $4k less. Unbelievable. Wonder who the marketing genius was that figured none of those who bought in July would mind taking it in the shorts like that. Not a good way to build brand loyalty.
Anyhow, if I was looking to buy, I'd go with a '13 and save the money. Not everybody really has to have the QE and power steering.
Was it ever stated whether or not all the '14s come with the upgraded primary clutch stud?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't have any experience in marketing or building brand loyalty so I won't speak on it tbut I bought what I think is a badass machine for what I thought was a fair price.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Barb, Is cost more important to you? Is performance more important to you?
If you want to save money buy a 13 mav period. If you want all the other stuff and the performance and cost does not matter buy the xp1000.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts