Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what octane your dealer put I it when you bought it. Mine put 87 in it so I bought octane boost, but I haven't drove it yet. Do I run it with 87 or siphon it out?? It's say to run 91-95

·
Registered
266 Posts
I believe it has knock sensor so you'll be fine. You just won't get all the pony's available.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I accidentally ran 87 in mine cause I wasn't paying attention but I didn't hear any detonation. Once Cold Blooded Performance does my QSC and STM week after next I'll do some data logging on the A/F ratios and report back.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Dealer dumped 87 in mine. Told me to run that. After this tank it's 91 octane for me. I pay for diesel fuel so what's the difference. I want it to run like it's suppose too lol....

·
Registered
59 Posts
They didn't say what octane, but I'm sure it was 87. I already had it on the trailer when I realized it was on fumes. The two kids that brought out their portable fuel station "filled" it up before I left. I stopped at the gas station on the way home and put another half tank of 93 in it. The knock sensors will keep it safe for now, but I can get 93 three blocks from my house.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't know for sure, but it smells like ethanol-packed 87 octane to me when I took the cap off. No matter, I broke it in WFO as I do with everything and it's almost empty...I'll put 93 in it from now on (guess I'll have to keep something of that around now....)

Joe

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Just curious what octane your dealer put I it when you bought it. Mine put 87 in it so I bought octane boost, but I haven't drove it yet. Do I run it with 87 or siphon it out?? It's say to run 91-95

i thought it said up to 95octane also , but thats a diff measure/country for 91 octane ,

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Down here in racin' country, you can get 100 octane at your local Marathon! $7 bucks a gallon if yuns got it

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone really noticed the difference when they ran 93 compared to the 87 the dealers put in. I wouldn't think it would be to much of a difference but who knows, maybe..

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I run 91, and I can hear the motor knock (ping) in the dunes as I get in and out of the throttle going up hills. As soon as it knocks, I think it pulls a little timing out, as it quits knocking in a half second.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well hopefully the octane boost I put in actually works. My dealer had (castle) zoom octane boost..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hmm. Didn't ask the dealer. I am going to run 94

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
My dealer put gas in mine..goes boom when spark is added....LOL:big smile:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just didn't wanna run 87 for the break in and was just curious if you all did, but now I have no choice..lol as long as it doesn't hurt anything. I wanna make sure I'm getting total performance...lmao

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just filled mine here in Chico Ca and the pump said 92. Wonder if thats true?
I haven't seen 92 in the San Diego area, but I mostly buy diesel so I just may have not noticed. The only time I remember seeing gas over 91 is at a station at the end of Brawley, they have race gas straight from the pump with the normal gas. I have seen 92 going through Idaho and Utah.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am waiting to see someone do an E85 conversion. In my Ford Raptor it was night and day performance wise.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts