Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

What needs to be done when I get a new Maverick?

5K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  desertdog 
#1 ·
Ok when I get a new Maverick what has to be done to it right away??

I know everyone is saying the Tie rods first off, put new bolts on the seats. Check to see if you have the good or bad starter? So what else? there is no way I want to make any mistakes this time.. :)

So help me out here with your input?

#2 ·
before you ever take it out riding,you need 5pt harness' installed properly, which means secured to the frame!!

#3 ·
Is there a way to improve the seats so they don't come off so easily? Has someone made something to replace the cheesy way they are secured? I understand the harnesses are needed...but I'd still like to improve how well the seat its self is secured.

#8 ·
Exactly. I run my harnesses through the seat so the seat isn't coming out unless the harnesses fail - then everything is flying out, me included!

Harnesses are the first mod I do to every SXS I get. Obviously you had a bad experience with tie rods so that would be the other mod necessary. Maybe a front gusset kit, UHMW skid plate. It all depends where you ride & how hard you ride it.

#11 ·
Tie rods, gussets, harness bar and harness are a must in my book. Have the primary and secondary bolt torque checked and have fun.

#15 ·
There was a picture somewhere here showing how little holds the seats in, I tried to find it earlier but could not. If that's really all holding them in, I have to say NOT F-ING COOL BRP. It's something that will be remedied for me, and I'd hope everyone that reads this thread has or will. There could be some serious injuries for people under the right (terrible) circumstances.

#21 ·
CT racing for your tie rods, just about any of the site vendors for your harness & harness bar. Get at least a 4 pt harness system. 5 pt are nice ( I have them) for 2 reasons. 1 you can't slide down under the belt, and 2 the crotch belt keeps the lap belt down where it needs to be (They tend to ride up on you with a 4 pt system). Doors are nice as they tend to keep legs and feet inside the car. After looking at your stock cage after the carnage, maybe an aftermarket cage, or some beefing up of the stocker. I am glad you didn't try to get that back seat, and cage extention you wanted to do. That could have been devastating for anyone riding back there.

#27 ·
Big guy pickin on an old chick......priceless, and funny.

#32 ·
I am literally crying as I laugh !! ��
Good stuff ��

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
That's funny......me too!! :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.