Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

What light bar mounts did you use with your full windshields? Pics please? I am getting a full glass, but wondering what to do with my Light bar.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Mount it on shock tower and bumper...I have full windshield and would “think” the glare from a roof mounted light bar would be bad

2018 X3 XDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts

Bent metal windshield with rigid 40” single row. Just used the brackets that came with the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the Bent Metal windshield and the KC light bar, with the new style round LED lights, and their mount works fine. It mounts where the stock mirrors attach.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Guys,

What light bar mounts did you use with your full windshields? Pics please? I am getting a full glass, but wondering what to do with my Light bar.

Thanks!
I made my own. It's really pretty easy to just take some flat steel stock and cut out a simple triagle, then bolt to the upper roll par gussets. I have the Can Am OEM windshield/wiper combo, and a Rough Country low profile single-row LED light bar.
Light Bar:
https://www.roughcountry.com/50-inch-straight-led-light-bar-70750bl.html

20181120_125501.jpg

20181120_125451.jpg

Reactions: chrisnlbc

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
24 Posts
Are you guys that are running light bars up high with glass windshields having issues with glare? I’d like to get a decent size light bar but I’ve seen some comments from people who say they THINK there would be too much glare. I’d like to hear from you guys that have actually done it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the RyFab window, it glares but not enough to hurt my lead foot! Adjust the lightbar in a way that it reduces the glare, or tint the upper portion of the window. I do have my light bar mounted to the Adventure rack

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
24 Posts
I have the RyFab window, it glares but not enough to hurt my lead foot! Adjust the lightbar in a way that it reduces the glare, or tint the upper portion of the window. I do have my light bar mounted to the Adventure rack

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
That’s what I was thinking waveslayer. I like the shock mounted lights but a 42-52” would Obviously be much brighter. It would suck to have to sacrifice lighting because I have a full glass windshield. I think I can live with a little glare if it provides for some killer night runs.

I love the full glass Bent Metal windshield by the way.
Bent Metal really hooked me up when I first picked up my new RR. I couldn’t find a BM windshield available locally so I contacted the Bent Metal guys and they offered to meet me with a windshield, hand delivered, so that I would have it for a trip that weekend. Cheers BM, cool guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts