Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into the final gear ratios of the older transmissions VS the 2021RR box?

What did that change address on the now higher HP lower compression engines?

Also curious to know what the difference in gear ratio from Low to High gear is?

Is there a specifications chart that contains these details that can be found somewhere?

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
I didn’t know they had changed them. I would be interested to know what the gear ratio differences were as well. Whether higher or lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
I do see the part you have selected went from a 25 tooth to a 14 tooth it says. I believe that means higher, but I am not sure and not sure on final drive ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
If that's the case then the output shaft gear (#25) would need to change diameter by a lot to accommodate the smaller diameter of gear 24. That is a sizable jump and I dought they would do that. When I was researching the output shaft the same part number was listed for 2018 thru 2021 models, so I question if this 24 to 14 teeth may be a typo.

·
Registered
647 Posts
If that's the case then the output shaft gear (#25) would need to change diameter by a lot to accommodate the smaller diameter of gear 24. That is a sizable jump and I dought they would do that. When I was researching the output shaft the same part number was listed for 2018 thru 2021 models, so I question if this 24 to 14 teeth may be a typo.
I dont know about a typo, the 21's are noticeably faster and the gearbox itself has a different part number as well

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I don't know about a typo, the 21's are noticeably faster and the gearbox itself has a different part number as well

Well if the gear went from a 24t to a 14t it would be slower as that gear drives the output shaft that the axles are connected to. The 2021s are 195 HP and will have different clutch tuning to take advantage of the additional HP and would be faster without any changes to the gearbox. Also the gearbox for all years has a different part number however the output shaft part number is the same. I recently went thru this trying to get a warranty claim approved.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts
Well if the gear went from a 24t to a 14t it would be slower as that gear drives the output shaft that the axles are connected to. The 2021s are 195 HP and will have different clutch tuning to take advantage of the additional HP and would be faster without any changes to the gearbox. Also the gearbox for all years has a different part number however the output shaft part number is the same. I recently went thru this trying to get a warranty claim approved.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
2020 rr's are 195hp as well. All the gearboxes have all been the same part number

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone had a 2021 box apart and can confirm the change?

If nothing else other than the "pinion drive shaft" has changed, it would seem the output torque has increased and the output speed decreased VS the older boxes? Assuming I am not misunderstanding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts