Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
A couple of us think that the Skat Trak 26 x 12.5 x 12 eight paddle is going to be the best one. I just ordered a set from Rocky Mount on Friday.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The only other tire I would recommend to anyone is the Sand Tires Unlimited Blaster in the 26 x 12 x 12, comp cut and staggered. But it will still be heavier than the Skat Trak, so it's not as fast when you're shooting a hill. But they do say it dunes a litter better. It also cost about twice what the Skat Trak cost.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What ones there are a few different skat trak on there? What I am seeing they are out of stock? Also what rims did you go with?

Thank You.. :)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Skat~Trak Extreme Grip ATV Tire 26x12.5-12 (8 Paddle). The cost is $166.99. They are back ordered about 3 weeks they said. They've been backordered all winter long, so that's why ordered them now so I'll have them for our season. I'm putting them on some 12 by 8 inch wheels that I already had. I also ordered the 26 x 9 x 12 smooth buffs for the front. Everybody I've talked to said having the buffs on the front makes a big difference.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
One more thing. Where you ride makes a difference as to what tires are the best for your particular sand. The Oregon sand dunes takes a completely different tire then what Glamis takes.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I really like the 25x10x12 skat trak 8 paddle !! Not to much of a paddle and not to big or heavy ,

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Call Tim Kelley for your Sand Tires at GoGo Performance in Phx Az. He has a lot of Skat Traks in stock all the time.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Google it for the Oregon dunes. They use more paddles there I think. Should be the same tires that they run on the rzr xp's

·
Registered
614 Posts
Just wondering about the ITP dune stars or sand star paddles. I don't plan on getting any this year but was wondering how they compare to other paddle tires.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Just wondering about the ITP dune stars or sand star paddles. I don't plan on getting any this year but was wondering how they compare to other paddle tires.
They suck worst sand tire wouldn't even use them for free over a stock tire lol

·
Registered
448 Posts
They suck worst sand tire wouldn't even use them for free over a stock tire lol
X2 You buy a high performance machine you should buy a high performance tire to go with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts