Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Or STM isn't willing to undercut the dealers they have to sell 5 clutches? That they'll sell anyway.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,767 Posts
No basically here is what happened, We misunderstood the STM policy when signing up to become a dealer the other day. i asked a girl on the phone about MAP and policies and didn't get any details. To finish up our process of becoming a dealer we ran a group buy of 5 Clutches with a decent discount of a % off. This violated STM company policy and our dealer status was immediately revoked awaiting our deleting of the Thread. I deleted the thread as requested to stay in good standing and emailed STM 3 times and still no response to us so we take it they are pissed off. Thats were its at right now. STM is obviously the clutch of choice for Mavericks and we were excited to be on board. We will see how it turns out. - JT

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a little disappointing. If you become a dealer will we see the prices we were quoted?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
from what i hear STM has a shitty dealer program anyways. You have to buy a certain amout of clutches at retail price then at the end of the year they send you a rebate check back.

Not to knock Team FAS but i would rather pay a little more to buy a clutch from a business who has experiance with the STM's setup. The STM kit is alot of dough and i would rather spend the money once to get it dialed in and right the first time.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Im sure one of the other guys on here selling clutches Snitched him out.. Its all good Im looking at other options.. F uck STM if they are gonna beat up on TeamFas. I assure you they wont get a Dime of my money.. And I was ready to order!

Reactions: twocents

·
Registered
424 Posts
Im sure one of the other guys on here selling clutches Snitched him out.. Its all good Im looking at other options.. F uck STM if they are gonna beat up on TeamFas. I assure you they wont get a Dime of my money.. And I was ready to order!
STM browses the forums quite frequently so it doesn't take anyone to tell them anything they probably already haven't seen or read. I'm sure you were directing this towards me. I actually messaged Team Fas in regards to this letting him know it was a bad idea. So with all honesty you should mind your own business in regards to things like this. Violating a companies policy is grounds for being cut off as a dealer. That applies to anyone.

And to be honest he was cutting his own throat from the start. And guess who pushed the idea?? You! So if anyone is to blame it's you. You've done more harm on this subject that you have helped.

I will say this. STM Powersports is without a doubt one if the best companies out there. Not only because they offer great products but the support they offer to their customers is incredible. They have eaten overnight shipping on numerous occasions(over $200 for a set of clutches), shipped out a new clutch with hopes of the customer returning the defective part, handled warranty stuff with no question even though it was obvious neglect, and much more. So for you to beat your chest and say "eff STM" then that says quite a bit about your character. You have offered nothing valuable to this forum. Nothing. I've searched your name and all you've done is try and pedal YOUR product and try and bargain with others to benefit yourself.

·
Registered
424 Posts
from what i hear STM has a shitty dealer program anyways. You have to buy a certain amout of clutches at retail price then at the end of the year they send you a rebate check back.

Not to knock Team FAS but i would rather pay a little more to buy a clutch from a business who has experiance with the STM's setup. The STM kit is alot of dough and i would rather spend the money once to get it dialed in and right the first time.
Rumors are rumors. STM is truly one of the best companies on my dealer network. Sure they aren't going to setup with any regular Joe. Anyone can go to the court and get a dba then file for a tax id number to save a few bucks. They actually don't ask for much to be at dealer. Try getting setup with some larger companies or distributors. 15-20 thousand dollar buy ins and are evaluated on an annual basis. So in all honesty, I don't think their dealer requirements are much at all.

·
Registered
711 Posts
whats the word on you selling STM clutches for so much cheaper than their retail kris. thats against STMs policy as well. keeping things on a level playing field is what is the name of the game. when you try to blow out retail prices in order to make a sale or get your name out there and make yourself bigger, it buries other dealers. dealers who may only make one sale a month and need that profit to pay their light bill. i aint a snitch but if i took some of the PMs i have received and showed them to STM about the prices you quoted others, do you think your dealer status with STM will stand much longer?

·
Vendor
1,767 Posts
Guys this is getting hot, We as a company made the mistake not STM or anyone else. It was our fault that we were asked to remove the thread etc. I misunderstood the pricing we were allowed to offer and thats it cut and dry. My fault no one elses. We always offer A++ Service to all our customers and did not intend to start a war at all. Again it was our mistake and not anyone elses - JT

·
Banned
546 Posts
Guys this is getting hot, We as a company made the mistake not STM or anyone else. It was our fault that we were asked to remove the thread etc. I misunderstood the pricing we were allowed to offer and thats it cut and dry. My fault no one elses. We always offer A++ Service to all our customers and did not intend to start a war at all. Again it was our mistake and not anyone elses - JT
You didn't start a War.. Another guy simply got very scared clearly because your such a stand up business. You always take great care of customers and probably have the Fastest response to people. But it is STM that has the MAP pricing and its pretty clear they don't care about a Consumer getting a deal once in a great while. I love seeing things like this because companies with Map pricing and keep there product as I have no need for it.. Never did care for Dictatorship! Sell your product to your vendor and let your vendor decide how to sell it and price it.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I always thought it was ok or normal for dealers to sell product for less than what the original manufacturer is selling it for. What's the point of buying it from a dealer if they have to sell it for the same price as OEM? Might as well buy it from the original source especially in this case the source knows how to setup the product better or is more of an expert than the dealer. Im no business expert but doesn't seem like this helps dealers by price fixing.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm sure their is a lot more companies out there that does the same thing as STM. So not buying from them probably won't even get noticed from them.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Cant think you will loose the battle if you never try! And nothing ever will change unless you try to change it!

·
Registered
711 Posts
price fixing keeps the small guys in the same line with the big guys. think about all the mom and pop shops that got shut down because of ebay. folks started selling goods on ebay, and started selling big volumes and getting better price breaks from the manufacturer, and passing the price breaks on to the customers on ebay. which meant prices kept getting lower and lower and folks started doing bidding wars on ebay to try to have the lowest prices to get the most sales. and the mom and pop shops cant compete at the local level and shut down because they cant sell goods.

good example. i have a local tire shop that closed down two years ago. i used to buy my tires from them, knew the folks. good folks. but when folks really started to sell stuff cheap on ebay, i started shopping for tires on ebay. i can buy the BFgoodrich tires that fit my truck for almost $270 cheaper per set than i could get at the local shop. so where do you think my money went? yep i bought them on ebay. and so did others, and eventually that shop closed down. small local shops cant compete with the online vendors blowing prices out, and it hurts their business. after the fact, it made me wish i would have ponied up the few extra bucks and stuck with the local shop because those folks had bills to pay, and mouths to feed too. they went outta business because of folks like me carrying my business elsewhere when i should have stuck with the local folks

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I hear where you are coming from Airdam but here is my point.

I start a small business. I am a mom and pop shop. I become a STM dealer. I've got some experience with clutches. Does my local customer buy from me with probably less expertise in STM clutches than STM and to boot pay the sales tax on top of it? High risk of not getting sales IMHO.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.