Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not seen any updates about aerochargers turbo kit and mcx-USA turbo kit in some time now anyone know what's up with that I'm wanting to turbo mine before spring but waiting on one of theirs.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Think they'er still working out ECU issues.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't buy a Silber. Complete crap. 0 service from Silber! Dealer could not return it for not working.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
How about any performence parts heads cams package, big bore, anything? Can't believe there is nothing out for the maverick... The 1KXP already has anything you can think of out for it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
How about any performence parts heads cams package, big bore, anything? Can't believe there is nothing out for the maverick... The 1KXP already has anything you can think of out for it.
The ECM was the hold up for all performance related things. Now you can do a tunemonster or the reprogram from Greg @ MRRPM. So i'd suspect more to come here in the near future.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have been keeping in touch with Kelly at KMS and he was recently working with Silber Turbos and got it to work after several modifications to the kit......he did not recommend this kit for anyone as it was far from plug and play. He did say that they are offering custom in house kits for anyone who is interested. They just don't plan on offering a "kit" that you can buy and install yourself.....if interested, give him a call and he can talk to you about your options...

KMS Performance
2823 N 36th Ave
Suite 110
Phoenix, AZ 85009
602-442-4340
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I can do whatever is needed to the ecu, for turbo or whatever, but the best option is the Tunemonster standalone.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Is there any info on the Tunemonster standalone? Is this similar to the Vipec standalone? Is it complicated to tune with?
It's similar to other standalone ecu's. Aftermarket ecu's are easy to tune with, if you're familiar with how ecu's work. If you're not, and are starting from skratch, it's over most peoples head.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's similar to other standalone ecu's. Aftermarket ecu's are easy to tune with, if you're familiar with how ecu's work. If you're not, and are starting from skratch, it's over most peoples head.
That would be over my head.... What about the autotune though in another thread a guy that has used it before said the autotune will basically tune itself in? Do you still have to build your own map with the autotune?

·
Registered
791 Posts
MCX is supposed to get their first shipment of turbo kits from the factory in the next week or two. I have been on the waiting list for a couple months and have been in touch with Trey at MCX on a regular basis. I am also waiting for a replacement ECU / Tune monster.

For those that don't go the replacement ecu route it sounds like MCX will re-flash your stock ECU to make it work with the turbo. Finding a primary clutch that will hold together might prove to be the biggest challenge.

·
Registered
725 Posts
STMs are blowing up on stock machines. Will the steel spider handle the extra hp and Torque of a turbo?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts