·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have ethanol free here, Just wanted to get some opinions

·
Registered
727 Posts
If these are 12/1 compression as advertised, I was wondering what grade of fuel also.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
91 min ,

·
Registered
229 Posts
Before I pop brain cells on this, take a look at this thread!! I know it's the Commander forum, but it applies to the Maverick... and all your vehicles for that matter. To make it a short story... put the octane rating in your gas tanks that the manufacture recommends!! Anything more you're wasting your money and will actually lose horsepower, anything less can destroy an engine. Anyway...here's the thread. Fuel ?? - Can-Am Commander Forum

·
Registered
229 Posts
I believe Can am recommends 91 for their engine which probably has to do with the 12:1 compression. I wouldn't go any less or any more than that. I think the Mav has a knock sensor so you could probably get away with 87, but you may cause engine damage with prolonged use.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yes they recommend 91 but I read some release notes on the maverick that you can run 87 and it will adjust for it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Right above the 4th maverick picture it says:

The Maverick’s engine is designed to optimally run on 91-octane fuel, but it does include a knock control sensor that will allow it to run on 87-octane fuel without damaging the engine (91 is optimal, of course). This all leads to 15% more horsepower than the Polaris RZR 900 XP and 30% more than the Arctic Cat Wildcat. Can-Am also claims best-in-class power-to-weight ratio that is 5% better than the RZR and 31% better than the Wildcat.

2013 Can-Am Maverick 1000R, 2014 Maverick MAX 1000R Unveiled: Off-Road.com

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Over the new yrs trip I ran some around 100 octane mixed gas . I had some 110 fuel left over, so I mixed it with some 91. Ran like a Champ. However, now I will be running 91.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
Does anyone mav shift up around 50 mphs...your mav drops to 7100 rpms just like it goes into over drive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts