Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around to add a gps to my ride and whats the best route to go? I've seen the factory can am gps and its nice but I'd like a little bigger screen myself. Any other options out there to go with? I prefer a dash mounted unit vs a unit mounted to the cage

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Lowrance Baja 540c is what i use. found it on CL for $300 then bought a Garmin antenna for $100 off egay. nice big screen, very easy to use( sometimes gps units have too many buttons and options). A few companies make full dash plates that house them. I like mine front and center, easy to see.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been researching and I really like the lowrance hds5 with the turnkey mounting kit. Lowrance hds5 can be fitted with Sirius weather radio and satellite radio which I really like

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've been researching and I really like the lowrance hds5 with the turnkey mounting kit. Lowrance hds5 can be fitted with Sirius weather radio and satellite radio which I really like
I have the HDS-5 gen2, Sonic Hub, and TurnKey dash. I have yet to install the Sonic Hub but I did power everything up and play with it so I know exactly what it is capable of and how to wire it.

If you do go this way, you should plan on getting an external antenna if you run a metal roof. Mine works OK in the open, but in the trees, it struggles.

Overall, I'm having a hard time with the change as I have been using older Garmin units for over 15 years. In the last two months, I have purchased both a Garmin Truckin' GPS and the Lowrance and they are both very different than I'm used to!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts