Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering buying an extended warranty. Between an aftermarket clutch and starter you can spend $1500 on the low side.

whats the company name?
how long is the term?
how much is the deductible?
total cost of warranty?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I got the 4 year rpm one warranty for $1k. Not sure what the deductible is. I'll have to look.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yup RPM1 here 4year no deductible , diamond coverage full plan $ 1200 !

forgot to mention it does say in the warranty wont cover clutch components not sure if they mean the sheaves,

im sure if a bolt broke from out the shaft it should be covered I HOPE , unless rpm1 dont like can-am and there clutches! lol

ask ur dealer for me if rpm will cover the bolt breaking mega

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thinking about extended warranty myself. Dont know if rpm available in Canada? We got 2 yrs warranty here.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I bouhgt the BRP B.E.S.T. for $1200, 36 months. Looks like I got took on that one....And yes, it covers the clutch.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I don't normally buy extended warranties on anything, but with the clutches and starters I got the the BRP B E S T. I told them I didn't buy ext. warranties but if I bought today, yesterday, what would he sell it to me for----999.00

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bought the RPM One diamond Warranty. I had the same one on the Outlander and I can honestly say they did a great job covering any issues that I had with the bike. No questions, no deductible, 3000 miles on bike.

AKA: two front CV Axles, Oil pressure switch, reverse over ride switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We sell RPM One Extended Service Coverage. They are a great company to work with and have provided excellent customer service. They cover 48 months after the initial 6 month warranty expires, have no deductible, and cost about half of what most 5 year warranties cost. Also, they're coverage is exclusionary so they cover everything (with the exception of wear items and stupidity) unless it is explicitly stated in the contract that they do not cover it. (this usually benefits the consumer over the manufacturer) Additionally, they pay the dealer doing the work for OEM parts which means you can demand that OEM parts be used. If you're interested, feel free to give me a call anytime at 541-791-9100. Dave

·
Premium Member
10,470 Posts
Great thread, never saw it. BRP, 48 months, no deductible, $950. Covers everything, including the axle I broke. IMO, like anything else, hopefully you never need it, but damn glad it's there when you do!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Bought BRP's 30 mth.

I asked the dealer/service director about aftermarket parts and he said they would still cover BRP's parts as long as the third-party parts didn't obviously cause the damage. He said in 20-years he never had a single problem with that.

I'm hopeful it wasn't BS.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No x3 for me Marty. My next car won’t have a belt.
Ok Gotcha. Heard rumors of a shifting model that could be coming from Can-Am, so we'll see.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
What is the current going rate for the extended warranty on an x3?

Brp?
RPM1?

Tim

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
I would be shocked if they released a shifting model when the X3 was just released a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would be shocked if they released a shifting model when the X3 was just released a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My guess would be use the paddle shift trans in a 50" model and prove it works. Then offer it in the new we x3 models later. X3 has the market for a sport machine

1 - 20 of 21 Posts