Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on purchasing a new enclosed trailer this year to haul the Maverick (and other toys) around. For me the trailer will be doing double duty for vacation as well as making it to some SxS race/practice events.

I'm currently considering ordering a Haulmark Edge/Edge Pro...something a little nicer than a standard utility trailer.

Looking to see what (similar) setups other people are using or even considering. Especially interested in solutions for a fuel station (had this on my toy hauler, going to need a tank and a pump for fuel).

Thanks for reading!

-Jeff

·
Registered
725 Posts
7x12 tilt trailer..Soon to be 40ft toyhauler.. I know your probably jealous of the tilt but save your pennies and set attainable goals and u too can own one :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7x12 tilt trailer..Soon to be 40ft toyhauler.. I know your probably jealous of the tilt but save your pennies and set attainable goals and u too can own one :)
What toyhauler are you getting? I had a Desert Fox 29SB bumper pull last year...nice trailer but really tight loading the Mav and two dirt bikes.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You might have seen my trailer in a few other posts...Im pretty proud of how it turned out and put a lot of thought into was what the ideal set up... first needed a min of a 14ft garage...and then it had to fit what I wanted for a recreational trailer...my Cyclone 4014 has it all..big very useable garage...tons of storage and sleeps 10 (if needed) and has every amenity I could ever ask for... Here's a couple of pics of before and after...It took a couple of days to get all the original graphics off (using a clothing steam cleaner and a very tall ladder!)

cyclone 1.jpg patio.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 1.JPG two rig and trailer.JPG

I couldn't be happier... only now with us building a Max racer.. Im thinking I need a 16 ft garage...but will have to live with stuffing it in the 14ft..it will fit..thank god!

·
Registered
725 Posts
What toyhauler are you getting? I had a Desert Fox 29SB bumper pull last year...nice trailer but really tight loading the Mav and two dirt bikes.
Not sure just yet. Just now getting out of the tent and will probably find a decent used 5th wheel with at least a 10-12 ft garage..If we didn't just have a little girl I would still be tenting it lol..A family that camps together stays together or some shit like that lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not sure just yet. Just now getting out of the tent and will probably find a decent used 5th wheel with at least a 10-12 ft garage..If we didn't just have a little girl I would still be tenting it lol..A family that camps together stays together or some shit like that lol
Im pretty sure you need a minimum of a 12 ft garage to make it work...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You might have seen my trailer in a few other posts...Im pretty proud of how it turned out and put a lot of thought into was what the ideal set up... first needed a min of a 14ft garage...and then it had to fit what I wanted for a recreational trailer...my Cyclone 4014 has it all..big very useable garage...tons of storage and sleeps 10 (if needed) and has every amenity I could ever ask for... Here's a couple of pics of before and after...It took a couple of days to get all the original graphics off (using a clothing steam cleaner and a very tall ladder!)

I couldn't be happier... only now with us building a Max racer.. Im thinking I need a 16 ft garage...but will have to live with stuffing it in the 14ft..it will fit..thank god!
Looks like you had a blow out on the right side....how bad did it tear things up?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Looks like you had a blow out on the right side....how bad did it tear things up?
Actually not bad at all.. I was able to order the factory fender for about $100... and reuse the exisiting sheeting (could have replaced it for another hun) because it all bend back almost perfect (good enough for now because I seem to blow a tire most long trips.. even tho all tires are at right air pressure and I have a wire tire/temp monitor in the truck) barley noticable..

Meckanik... that thing is beautiful! I went down that road (Diesel pusher w/trailer) when we use to road race... now I much prefer the trailer with truck..that way we have a vehicle to chase or recover etc with.. and I can use the truck daily or to pull my other trailer around with, just a preference. Understand the coach tho big time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This is my low budget toyhauler. Going to take some work to get it setup for hauling a max and a mav but I have a plan! 1453224_10152233016472958_1084404646_n.jpg

Reactions: Ignore Amos

·
Registered
105 Posts
Current trailer, although wanting to sell and get a 5th wheel setup 1.jpg 3.jpg 7.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Meckanik... that thing is beautiful! I went down that road (Diesel pusher w/trailer) when we use to road race... now I much prefer the trailer with truck..that way we have a vehicle to chase or recover etc with.. and I can use the truck daily or to pull my other trailer around with, just a preference. Understand the coach tho big time.
Thanks, not having a truck does make some situations more complicated but we'll see how it goes.

Here's a couple of example pics of the kind of trailer I was considering:

HAULMARK-EDGE-PRO-0882L.jpg

HAULMARK-EDGE-PRO-0884L.jpg

HAULMARK-EDGE-PRO-0885L.jpg

·
Registered
429 Posts
I dug some pics up for you. I have a generator compartment on the drivers side of the trailer that I can easily stash about 20 gallons of fuel in. If I need to carry more than that then I strap cans on the end of the cabinets inside. Not the perfect solution, but it works for as much fuel as I usually need.

·
Registered
310 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts