Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a trailer and I am wondering if anyone uses a 12ft trailer with the max. The numbers are tight but it looks like it might just fit. the next size up jumps to tandem axles and brakes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I upgraded from a 12' trailer to a 16' because it has tandem axles. It tows better with the extra weight.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I upgraded from a 12' trailer to a 16' because it has tandem axles. It tows better with the extra weight.
Exactly. A 12' trailer is useless IMHO. Get the 16 - it can be used for the Max, cars, all kinds of crap etc. The 2 extra tires and brakes make towing much nicer, loading and hooking to truck easier. Buy NEW - Have had mine for 12 years, it has been an excellent investment.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
X2. You would be surprised how fast the extra 4' gets filled up with needed stuff. Always better to have a little more trailer than you think you need. Buy once and forget it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I had to go with a 12 footer open, due to fitting in my garage, I have to load max on backwards, rear up front so spare tire & holder fits on back, otherwise door would hit it. no issues there but its a beefy 12 footer to, not a flimsy thing

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I sold my 17' enclosed trailer in the spring so when I picked up my Maverick in July I bought a 7' X 10' open trailer so I could fit it into my 4th bay of my garage and still get around inside the garage….

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I have a Heavy duty H&H Hydraulic Tilt Deck Trailer and It will hold to 2 seater SXSx but Not Sure about the Max and The 2 Seater just yet. I might need to Fab up some front extensions. exSpeed4.jpg

Reactions: mitrailrider

·
Registered
217 Posts
I haul mine on a 19ft car hauler..dual axel..i put my max on my old 7x12 but its a real tight fit and the extra length and extra axle make it well worth the investment..imo the 12 ft is useless for the max

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Got a 20' trailer in December to haul the Mav and the commander around, now that we have the max I gotta sell it and get a gooseneck. Sux

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Reactions: BAMA-S

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
dude…you lose cool points for that Polaris sticker on the front quarter :disappointed:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice find.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is the chariot that carries my MAX, it is a fourteen footer I thought the 12 footer would have been to much of a close call View attachment 4303
Tacobob,

That looks like the mission trailer I was looking at. Where did you find one on NM? The ramps attach fine on the back? How is the tie down? I was planning on using wheel straps like Can am recommends. How to you strap down with that trailer? I don't see any deck anchors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well after all your input I decided on this bad boy. 88"x16'. I'll post a PIC after I load it too. uploadfromtaptalk1378616936969.jpg

1 - 20 of 146 Posts