Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read tons of great things about the maverick but I'm curious what you guys have found that you don't like I know you have to have something guys so be honest with me!!!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Don't like the shaft saver in low gear I'll b the first to admit it. Also wish I didn't have to install the qe to have the traction I need. But the fixes for those two things are not very expensive. Other than that I'm in love

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear that man!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I still don't like the fact that all my friends are tooooooo slow!!! Time to start meeting up with forum members. The powers great! It steers easy. It's quite. My wife's friend commented to her that she couldn't believe how quite it was as I flew by them at 70 mph! It's well built. I thought the rear shocks were too stiff, even set to 0 compression in the desert. then I went to Glamis yesterday, and the rear shocks were too soft! Had to dial up the compression for the huge whoops and g outs. It's an amazing machine and a bargain for the price!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dont like cleaning it! Took mine out for it's first run yesterday and had to go through alot of mud. There's too many plastic peices and teh dash and console make for alot of cleaning. I hate mud, but unfortunately that was my only option yesterday.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
i hate the soft rubber feet on the back of the seats. My seat is sloppy side to side after 223 miles.

I hate all of the clips, screws, and bolts holding on the fenders.

I got used to the shaft saver, throttle by wire and the diff does not bother my driving style.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping they were gonna change the throttle style!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I agree with the seat feel comment. I dont mind all the torx, but why the F$(K could they have not made them all the same size? I think there are 4 different sizes, 3 on the same size bolt (dia, and pitch)
The other thing common to all Can Am products, the shiny plastic is way to prone scratching. Dry it off, scratched. Plasti Dip here I come.

These are all small gripes all and all, I am ecstatic!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts