Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It doesnt matter what I WANT to listen to when I ride with Jarhead
My first reaction,looking at those mudding tires, is some speakers are going to get really wet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Those are some interesting lists for your different moods, which I totally understand. I want to explore the country list and create my own. I don't listen to country that much, but it may fit with riding at times. I'm listening to Brooks and Dunn - Neon Moon right now for the first time, and this is my type of country song. So thanks!
There aren't too many who can understand my eclectic collection of music. I grew up listening to rock, pop, oldies from the 50/60s (Dad) and easy listening (Mom). I couldn't stand country until I was about 14. Then, I got a job at a Mexican restaurant where they played nothing but country music (strange, I know). I told the owner that was cruel, unusual punishment and I deserved a raise for forcing me to listen to that "crying in my beer, s***." But within a year, I was serving tacos and singing "There's a Tear in My Beer" right along with Hank Williams Jr.

When I bought my first truck a few years later (mid 80s), big stereos and bass were the thing. A lot of my paycheck went toward stereo components and tapes of NWA, Run DMC, LL Cool J, etc. Some of which I had to hide and occasionally got confiscated like the first time I left 2 Live Crew in the tape deck and Mom borrowed the truck. That didn't end well. I later joined the military where I moved abroad and I found a greater appreciation for diversity.

If you're interested in country music, I filtered my playlist down to the country genre and attached a list of what I think are (arguably) the greatest country hits of all time.

And if anyone would like to post their playlists, I love to go through other peeps playlists (any genre) to later add to my collection (old and new).

Music List Page 1.jpg Music List Page 2.jpg Music List Page 3.jpg Music List Page 4.jpg Music List Page 5.jpg Music List Page 6.jpg

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There aren't too many who can understand my eclectic collection of music. I grew up listening to rock, pop, oldies from the 50/60s (Dad) and easy listening (Mom). I couldn't stand country until I was about 14. Then, I got a job at a Mexican restaurant where they played nothing but country music (strange, I know). I told the owner that was cruel, unusual punishment and I deserved a raise for forcing me to listen to that "crying in my beer, s***." But within a year, I was serving tacos and singing "There's a Tear in My Beer" right along with Hank Williams Jr.

When I bought my first truck a few years later (mid 80s), big stereos and bass were the thing. A lot of my paycheck went toward stereo components and tapes of NWA, Run DMC, LL Cool J, etc. Some of which I had to hide and occasionally got confiscated like the first time I left 2 Live Crew in the tape deck and Mom borrowed the truck. That didn't end well. I later joined the military where I moved abroad and I found a greater appreciation for diversity.

If you're interested in country music, I filtered my playlist down to the country genre and attached a list of what I think are (arguably) the greatest country hits of all time.

And if anyone would like to post their playlists, I love to go through other peeps playlists (any genre) to later add to my collection (old and new).

View attachment 255366 View attachment 255367 View attachment 255368 View attachment 255369 View attachment 255370 View attachment 255371
WOW!! Thanks very much!! I saved all 6 images and will eventually work through them with the goal of making my own country playlist of approximately 15 to 20 songs. I'm sure other people here can get some ideas too.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
293 Posts
I’m like sooner. All depends on what my bipolar feels like listening to and what riding style I feel like that day.

Me alone = death wish. I will kill myself in this thing one day, but at least I’ll be happy. Usually aggressive music unless I’m on a nature cruise.

When I got the dog on board we use eco mode and no more than 30 mph, the. Oldies and rock from 60’s and 70’s and or country.
So I may end up listening to something different every time I ride. Either bt from the phone, fm, or Sirius. No phone service on the property so pandora and such won’t work.

I don’t ride with others. People piss me off, do stupid things, waste my time, or get in my way.

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
I’m like sooner. All depends on what my bipolar feels like listening to and what riding style I feel like that day.

Me alone = death wish. I will kill myself in this thing one day, but at least I’ll be happy. Usually aggressive music unless I’m on a nature cruise.

When I got the dog on board we use eco mode and no more than 30 mph, the. Oldies and rock from 60’s and 70’s and or country.
So I may end up listening to something different every time I ride. Either bt from the phone, fm, or Sirius. No phone service on the property so pandora and such won’t work.

I don’t ride with others. People piss me off, do stupid things, waste my time, or get in my way.
Yeah, but it's always good to ride with at least one more, if not a group. If you break, you'll probably need help getting out. You just have to be a little more tolerant of people, most people at least, LOL!

·
Registered
192 Posts
...no, I don't want to listen to your music.
^ THIS! I don't get it, at all. I'm planning on a intercom system for my new ride and will be more than happy to stream music that only my passengers have to listen to. I've got over 5K miles in the desert combined in my previous 3 machines with no music so I'm looking forward to doing that and would prefer to spend the money and save the weight on my machine for other stuff...

Reactions: Clkwrkornge

·
Registered
595 Posts
I had a system (small just 2 speakers and an amp) but decided to go with an intercom this time, always turning the music down for coms, camp grounds, houses ect got annoying

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yup I like to listen to my music not others, usually ROTAX when I'm out with the throttle down.
When I'm cruising out to the dunes or back in to camp slow or on the trail to the beach is when I like to listen to music!:)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Flame me if you want, but I like Church music!
Judas Priest
Nirvana
Stone Temple Pilot
Godsmack
Black Sabbath
Genesis
Testament
Exodus
Nazareth

But, my all time favorites are AC/DC and Fleetwood Mac.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
We pretty much only play music in camp or at beer stops on the trail or dunes.
If I'm asked I'll fire up our sound system.

We usually have as many girls in the group as dudes so their music is more mixed than just dude music.

We have one guy in the dune group that gets worked up when the girls play their music. He'll start his Yamaha and leave in a fit.

Wifes /Chicks music list samples;

Havana: Camila Cabello
Big Log: Robert Plant
Call Me the Breeze (live): Lynard Skynard
Matchbox: (live) Ringo Star
Chicken Fried: Zac Brown
Dive Bar Beauty Queen: Moonshine Bandits
Dreams (live): Van Halen
Panama: Sammy Hagar
Takin' Pills: Pistol Annies.
When It's Love: Sammy Haggar
My Church: Maren Morris
Summertime Blues: Blue Cheer
Moonlight feels Right: Starbuck
The Flame: Cheap Trick
I Drink Alone: George Thorogood.
Feel a Whole Lot better: Byrds
New Orleans (live): Joan Jett

I usually cook one night for the whole group smoked Hawaiian ribs, stir fry and have the group over to our Toy Hauler for Tropical Drink Mai Tais and play this:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Beat Farmers used to entertain us it was a drinking band the more ya drank the funnier they got We use to get pretty hammered at Belly-up Tavern

RIP Country Dick Montana

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

View attachment 255366 View attachment 255367 View attachment 255368 View attachment 255369 View attachment 255370 View attachment 255371
I was in the Marines with mostly Latinos. They all listened to Country Music. I was surprised. No Mexican polkas or ballads, it was Hag, Cash and Waylon.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I like to listen to the passenger screaming in fear :))

21 - 37 of 37 Posts