Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I (fairly) recently bought my Maverick Sport X RC, all the participants of the sale attached the moniker "Car" to the vehicle, e.g., you choose a great "Car". I have noticed on FB that in other states they refer to them as "bikes". So, is there a regional accent, if you will, to the moniker of these things?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Mine is my car its an off road car , bikes have 2 wheels

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Certain parts of the country call them " bikes", other parts of the country say "cars".

If they call them " bikes", they also refer to off road toys with 4 wheels as Scott F. pointed out day as " 4 Willers".

That alone should tell who is right, " cars" or " bikes".

Tim

·
Registered
328 Posts
seems like when we talk to each other we refer to them as "mav" or "my mav"...…..I refer to all my side by sides as sxs, side by side, utv and not atv…. or just can am maverick.....I have an actual buggies and call them buggies.....ive seen some people call them "sleds"......ive seen people refer to their boats as "sleds"...weird

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
248 Posts
I call it a buggy. Saying car implies it’s something it’s not. The day that buggy can out 100 mph my Burban I might call it a car then.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I call it a buggy. Saying car implies it’s something it’s not. The day that buggy can out 100 mph my Burban I might call it a car then.
I agree “car” sounds strange to call it.......but they are street legal in some states, have a license plate and everything a car has. Is your Mav slower than your suburban ? I would think it would smoke your suv 0-60 and o-100 .....plus’s much better handling

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Certain parts of the country call them " bikes", other parts of the country say "cars".

If they call them " bikes", they also refer to off road toys with 4 wheels as Scott F. pointed out day as " 4 Willers".

That alone should tell who is right, " cars" or " bikes".

Tim
Hey we call em 4 wheeers and my x3 is a buggy. lol definitely not bikes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 maverick trail 1000. 5-2 offset wheels. 27 inch tires. Roof. Mirrors. Full windshield.
172 Posts
I call them side by side's. some of my buddies call them buggies. No one around here calls them bike's, because they are in no way bikes. We call quad's, quad's. Bike's, bike's and side by side's side by side's. Any thing else is just weird. lol.

Reactions: Texasrider

·
Registered
2019 maverick trail 1000. 5-2 offset wheels. 27 inch tires. Roof. Mirrors. Full windshield.
172 Posts
My wife tells me the official wording on our insurance policy...is motorcycle???
That just means, that if you need to file a claim they will only pay for half of it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts