Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Not a penny because those communists wanted over $500!! I did however purchase everything I needed for the 10 hour change which cam out to about $110.00 plus my own labor and at least a 12-pack.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My dealer charged me around $250. Won't do it again , next I will

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to have first service done by dealer because they adjust the valves and want to make sure certified technician looks at it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think I paid around $330. It was more of a convenience and thinking the warranty might be effected if I didn't. I will do the next one myself.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think I paid around $330. It was more of a convenience and thinking the warranty might be effected if I didn't. I will do the next one myself.
I don't know if they told you this, but my dealer mentioned that if you do the work yourself, but buy the product needed through them, then you're good. Don't know if that's true, but that's what I was told. It ran me about $110, to do it myself.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine was $355 and I removed all the plastic pieces including the skid plate

·
Registered
529 Posts
my dealer quoted me :
"Good afternoon Larry, I have attached a copy of the first break in service for your maverick, The cost of the 10 hour service ( engine valve adjustment included ) parts and labor will be $1,050.00 dollars. Please let me know so we can set an appointment. Thank you…"

I'm pretty sure I'm doing my own service.

Reactions: Megathumper

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
my dealer quoted me :
"Good afternoon Larry, I have attached a copy of the first break in service for your maverick, The cost of the 10 hour service ( engine valve adjustment included ) parts and labor will be $1,050.00 dollars. Please let me know so we can set an appointment. Thank you…"

I'm pretty sure I'm doing my own service.
IMG_7545.JPG

·
Registered
529 Posts
no kidding - that was a cut and paste from the email I received.
I looked over the list of what needs to be done on the 10 hour, and its not that much stuff.
I've done every service on every toy I have, but due to time, was going to look at having them do it.
as it stands, I'll do it in the middle of the night by candlelight before paying a grand.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was going to have first service done by dealer because they adjust the valves and want to make sure certified technician looks at it.
I've thought about having the dealer do mine, because it might help with warranty issues down the road. But after my first warrant work on an axle and wheel it took me 5 min of looking at it to find that "certified techinican" didn't do anything right. He shouldn't be let around tools

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
no kidding - that was a cut and paste from the email I received.
I looked over the list of what needs to be done on the 10 hour, and its not that much stuff.
I've done every service on every toy I have, but due to time, was going to look at having them do it.
as it stands, I'll do it in the middle of the night by candlelight before paying a grand.
I would stay far away from that dealer. They are truely what I would call a STEALERSHIP!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Got the 10hr service on both my Maverick and Commander for free from my dealer simply because they didn't install the windshield and rock sliders on my Maverick when I purchased it. Now that's service!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Got the 10hr service on both my Maverick and Commander for free from my dealer simply because they didn't install the windshield and rock sliders on my Maverick when I purchased it. Now that's service!!!
If they actually did the work... My main concern is paying them and they really do not complete all the items they are suppose to. I do like the idea of it being on record at a dealer for warranty stuff down the road.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Talked to the dealer today and they told me that you don't have to do the valves on the first service, but they do flash the computer because it is limited for the first 10 hours. Anyone else hear this or is that the way your service was done?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Not sure about any flash on the computer.
you do have to reset the computer when it flashes "service due" - and thats easy to do.
I did everything except the valve adjustment, and I'm going to do that between 15 and 20 hours - or after this weekend :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts