Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1961 - 1980 of 2020 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Going to taco it for now and see how it holds up. Looking at some HCR arms down the road.
It probably will. Looked like you were on a CT Raceworx spending spree! That's why I asked.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It probably will. Looked like you were on a CT Raceworx spending spree! That's why I asked.
Gotcha, I wish!

I had TMW on my last X3 and liked it. But I see the point in using the race plate CT has for lower arm removal. So this time I went CT, and if you have it apart for the gusset, might as well do the shock tower as its needed as well lol.

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Gotcha, I wish!

I had TMW on my last X3 and liked it. But I see the point in using the race plate CT has for lower arm removal. So this time I went CT, and if you have it apart for the gusset, might as well do the shock tower as its needed as well lol.
Well, if you have it apart for the gusset, you could do the arms too, 😉. Why did you go with CT Raceworx after TMW? Just a change? I love CT's stuff.

Reactions: Wirenutz

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, if you have it apart for the gusset, you could do the arms too, 😉. Why did you go with CT Raceworx after TMW? Just a change? I love CT's stuff.
TMW was quality stuff! But I think CT has a better guest design for servicing/removing lower A arms vs TMW after having TMW. That's why I went CT this time around, and CT's customer service is top notch too!

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
TMW was quality stuff! But I think CT has a better guest design for servicing/removing lower A arms vs TMW after having TMW. That's why I went CT this time around, and CT's customer service is top notch too!
Definitely agree with CT's stuff and customer service!

·
Registered
21 X3 RR Max w/Smart Shox.
107 Posts

·
Vendor
85 Posts
Glass guy is definitely taking his time so for now it's on hold. Still need to do final alignment of the Funco doors. Buttoned up the full exhaust and EVP stage 3r tune today, adjusted crack pressure, broke in new belt, installed 4pt harnesses, rewired the previous shops job for the 40" single row, dome and LED mirrors (waiting on the correct clamps that will work with the windshield), re did some of the stereo stuff as well since I have nothing else to do except wire up some stuff on the shop cars
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,031 Posts
Not sure yet haven’t had a chance to get it out on a ride except around the house to settle the suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's something you measure before you buy the kit to see if you even need it.

If it was good before you installed the kit you just made your bump steer worse.

ST has to start telling people that. It's not something everyone needs or wants. It is a product to fix a problem only SOME cars have. Not all.

Put it on if you don't need it and you just created a problem.

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
270 Posts
Agree, need to measure it first to assess how much bump steer you have. On asphalt race cars we measure bump steer by thousandths of an inch and typically we try to get it under .010" over a 4" range. It's not that critical on a desert or sand car. And unless the "kit" has the ability to actually "adjust" out the bump steer, it's just snake oil. Adjusting bump steer is an iterative process and requires adjusting and checking as any times as it takes.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
491 Posts
It's something you measure before you buy the kit to see if you even need it.

If it was good before you installed the kit you just made your bump steer worse.

ST has to start telling people that. It's not something everyone needs or wants. It is a product to fix a problem only SOME cars have. Not all.

Put it on if you don't need it and you just created a problem.
In ST’s defense, I’ve heard them say it needs to be measured first. Not sure if they advertise it that way but I’ve heard them say it multiple times on their live feed shows.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
In ST’s defense, I’ve heard them say it needs to be measured first. Not sure if they advertise it that way but I’ve heard them say it multiple times on their live feed shows.
They should have that information on the product when you're shopping on their site.

I've noticed quite a few people on here mention they have the BSD. But are not aware they may not have needed it.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
599 Posts
They should have that information on the product when you're shopping on their site.

I've noticed quite a few people on here mention they have the BSD. But are not aware they may not have needed it.
How many X3's do you think don't have bumpsteer? Of those that possibly don't have bumpsteer, how many of those owners bought the ST BSD? I'm sure it's possible but statistically it's got to be somewhere close to zero.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
How many X3's do you think don't have bumpsteer? Of those that possibly don't have bumpsteer, how many of those owners bought the ST BSD? I'm sure it's possible but statistically it's got to be somewhere close to zero.
Youre probably right. But it's so easy and quick to get a rough idea. And the new BSD kit has 3 positions. So if you don't check first you will have no idea where to set it at.

It would be intersting to check cars from different runs.

Mine had 1.5".

1961 - 1980 of 2020 Posts