Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1901 - 1920 of 2072 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,767 Posts
I've designed and fabricated a lot of things in the past half-century and will submit that all designs are a compromise. And speaking of the spare tire carrier that started the discussion about deficiencies in the design, I've seen worse. It's a challenge to design something that an average user can install on a stock vehicle using simple hand tools. When you have the knowledge, skill, and equipment you can do your own custom design to fit your particular needs. But most are limited to bolt-on improvements. This one should fit the needs of a lot of folks.
Everything has pros and cons for sure no matter what it is. There's really no best or perfect for everyone unfortunately.

64" or 72" haha?

We tend to forget on here how different people around the world, have differen setups for these machines to meet their needs.

But that's the cool thing about them. We can customize them to no end to the point almost no 2 are alike. Literally millions of possible combinations on an X3.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
900 Posts
I've designed and fabricated a lot of things in the past half-century and will submit that all designs are a compromise. And speaking of the spare tire carrier that started the discussion about deficiencies in the design, I've seen worse. It's a challenge to design something that an average user can install on a stock vehicle using simple hand tools. When you have the knowledge, skill, and equipment you can do your own custom design to fit your particular needs. But most are limited to bolt-on improvements. This one should fit the needs of a lot of folks.
True. "Perfect" is pretty damn expensive if it even exists. Hell, if that carrier has grade 10.9 hardware it'll automatically be an improvement over OEM CanAm parts.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,767 Posts
True. "Perfect" is pretty damn expensive if it even exists. Hell, if that carrier has grade 10.9 hardware it'll automatically be an improvement over OEM CanAm parts.
I hate to tell ya. But only if it the hardware has industry leading coating on it. Everything else takes a back seat.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Oh I read your link. THUS the question? Please do explain (without posting another link...) Yes "roll center". How does Fast Labs spare mount going to have a "negative affect" on roll center?
Crickets…. You got the mic Crush. Here’s your chance to educate everyone on this fancy “roll-center” term YOU brought to the conversation. Still havent answered the question...

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Interesting... You call out a guy for his fab work, quoting a link to something YOU can't even explain. And your first response is "read my link" followed by this ^^

I think someone has been exposed...

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
900 Posts
But anyway.

Here's some pictures of the new Evo BRV with the stock intake. I got up at 3am this morning and drove 10 hours. Still managed to unstuck the garbage Chinese belt puller I squeaked into the secondary. While in there I put in the BRV. You have to have a catch can for it to work without Evo's intake.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
900 Posts
Wow! It starting to feel like Kamala avoiding Afganastan up in here… 🤣🤣🤣.
Nah, I'm just not motivated by you demanding I do something. I moved on a while ago while you continued to throw a temper tantrum. Whatever dialog I would have had with you is over. Feel free to kick some rocks.

1901 - 1920 of 2072 Posts