Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1721 - 1740 of 2054 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Do you mean the gate or the knob?
The Knob. I have the same gate. I never shifted mine before they changed the gate, and only have about 5 minutes on the Can Am. It shifts really hard was just wondering if it shifts easier after some miles are put on it. I like the look of your shorter knob. but not if its going to stay this hard to shift.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
The knob is the same height as stock but is skirted so it looks lower. The car isn't hard to shift. You might need an adjustment.
Ok thats good to know. Since my build isn't done yet they must have something that still needs to be adjusted. I didn't expect to drive it before it was done but due to their insurance they couldn't load it on my trailer so I had to do it. Part of the hard shifting could have been due to the seat was way to far forward for me. I was in a hurry to get it loaded to not take up too much of their time bringing it out for me. Who make the knob you have I think it will also look good in my ride.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
806 Posts
Ok thats good to know. Since my build isn't done yet they must have something that still needs to be adjusted. I didn't expect to drive it before it was done but due to their insurance they couldn't load it on my trailer so I had to do it. Part of the hard shifting could have been due to the seat was way to far forward for me. I was in a hurry to get it loaded to not take up too much of their time bringing it out for me. Who make the knob you have I think it will also look good in my ride.
It is for a Subaru. Any of the universal shift knobs that has a M8-1.25 insert with fit the X3.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got time to do some wrenching. Installed my CTRW high clearance lowers with new ball joints and bushings. Super beefy and heavier than I expected. I also put my rear bumper from Extreme Performance on.
Has anyone re-purposed the stock a-arm skid plates to use on their new arms? I though I would ask before blazing a trail.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I just got time to do some wrenching. Installed my CTRW high clearance lowers with new ball joints and bushings. Super beefy and heavier than I expected. I also put my rear bumper from Extreme Performance on.
Has anyone re-purposed the stock a-arm skid plates to use on their new arms? I though I would ask before blazing a trail. View attachment 269843 View attachment 269844
I have been looking at that bumper. How does the spare fit? I have an s&b and am worried a spare would fit

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been looking at that bumper. How does the spare fit? I have an s&b and am worried a spare would fit
I put a factory 32” in the bed and it fits great. I got the tray and cooler bag to max my storage. Allan is the owner there and could answer if compatible with your S&B. It fits without touching the stock intake cover. You’ll need to trim your intercooler cover to mount the forward eyelet. Pro tip; a 3/4” fostner bit was the trick to making the hole in the bed for the spacer.
EP1 909-887-8000.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Has anyone re-purposed the stock a-arm skid plates to use on their new arms? I though I would ask before blazing a trail.
I installed SATV boxed a-arms on my XRC RR. I didn't think the factory a-arm guards were worth messing with. I made a pair out of 1/4" UHMW. Bent up different kinds of clamps to mount them without drilling into the arms.

·
Registered
440 Posts
loaded it in the trailer to come home from up north. only put about 10 miles on it yesterday, probably should have just left the trailer home this weekend instead of towing it the hour and a half each way.

oh well, hopefully we will get out this weekend
steve

1721 - 1740 of 2054 Posts