Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1701 - 1720 of 2034 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
“everything has a place and there is a place for everything!!”
This ^^^
I've worked this way for so long now (Due to the safety/quality risk at my work) that I can only seem to remember where it goes,,, not where I had it last. Thus,,, I must put it back after every use.

When working on a project at home,,, All tools/wire/supplies are placed on a cart/bin OUTSIDE of the X3 when not actively using said tool. ALL tools on the cart go back into their location in the tool box when that portion of the project is complete or at end of day.

If I stray from this process,,,, I start temporarily "losing" stuff and the project takes way longer than it should. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
272 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
501 Posts
Bought an Amazon front/rear view mirror cause I didn’t like how huge the BRP one is and only displayed a tiny portion of the screen. I wanted a full screen type so I went this route for about $200. They don’t make front extension harnesses so I made my own by splicing in an extra rear harness and soldering a couple 26g wires. Turned it on thinking the rear view cam must have a setting to flip the cam view, but no... I have to reposition the cam now cause nothing can ever be TOO easy...

EDIT: Both cameras still have a blue protective plastic covering the lenses and the mirror still has the plastic on it as well.
View attachment 269445
Let us know how the mirror works. I went through two different models, including a Pormido. They worked great in the garage or driving down the street but when I went out on the trail they both sucked.

·
Registered
2021 RR MAX w/ shox
167 Posts
Let us know how the mirror works. I went through two different models, including a Pormido. They worked great in the garage or driving down the street but when I went out on the trail they both sucked.
Will do. I have a few GoPros I can set up for some in cab close ups of various driving situations when I have it all back together. I don’t really NEED a front camera so as long as the rear cam works when I’m reversing on tight switch backs, that’s all I really care about. If it works better than that exact situation, it’s a win for me as far as I’m concerned

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nothing this week... Put on some miles in upper Michigan last weekend though. Detailed it up after the trip.

Did get my 400ex running for the first time in 4 years though. Put some gas in it, drained the oil that was all in the cases because it was standing up on the rest bumper for 4 years. Put fresh oil in, pumped the throttle a few times, and she popped right off.

I drained all the gas out of it when I put it away so it was easy to get going again.

Steve

·
Registered
193 Posts
A couple of good things sort of.

Cancelled my order for TLS because I popped in a new rear axle and turned out my S3 kit already had the TLS installed, bonus!

Also gauge and fittings recently arrived so I built up a 15psi pressure gauge setup to use with my old mityvac, to dial in my crack pressure for my tune. I had done it conservatively because I was using a rigged up tire pressure gauge. Turns out the TPG was reading 1psi lower than the 15psi guage, plus was being conservative, so I went from 4psi to 8psi, so should scoot even better now, wow. And that's just for pump gas. Now with this gauge setup I can fairly confidently boost/tune it up for stage 4 by mixing pump with race fuel I just bought to get 100 octane, woot!

Maybe If I'm lucky this weekend I'll get a chance to line up with my buddy to compare to his ? tune to my stage 4 :-D

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
320 Posts
Roughed out a switch panel that I think will hold all my switches. Once again waiting on parts (always because of Covid) so going to jump back to the roll cage. I started fabricating a roll cage to the OEM dims before deciding to install an under seat fuel cell. The fuel cell requires raising the seats 3" which now doesn't leave enough head room so I'm going to scrap a perfectly good start on a roll cage and fab another one. Cha-ching, scope creep adds cost to a project. I'm going to have the most expensive X3 roll cage as I'm doing the job twice. Since I'm financing all these toys with my kids' inheritance, they'll be disappoint so let's keep that between us.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
^^ I need to start burning through my kids money as well by the way I finally got some of those parts down to Phoenix to sell, only to leave for vacation and move out to Flag fir the summer. See you again soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
X3 XRS R Triple Black
1,741 Posts
Don’t forget the Pillow and stay away from the ski slopes

^^ I need to start burning through my kids money as well
by the way I finally got some of those parts down to Phoenix to sell, only to leave for vacation and move out to Flag fir the summer. See you again soon

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My tailbone is as bad today as the day I did it in. Might see a chiropractor that adjusts from the inside out. Was hopping my dr could be there to sign off on it so I don’t have to get probed a second time this year.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My tailbone is as bad today as the day I did it in. Might see a chiropractor that adjusts from the inside out. Was hopping my dr could be there to sign off on it so I don’t have to get probed a second time this year.

Sounds like a good story! Go to Roswell and get it done for free! Nights are better and quick turn around (pun intended) or Skin Walker Ranch, no lines.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Question on your short shifter. Do these shift easier in time or is it really hard to shift with that short shifter? I only shifted mine a few times to get it loaded on the trailer and it was really hard shifting.

1701 - 1720 of 2034 Posts