Registered
353 Posts
Forgot I aired up the tires too...

Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
This week front end work..
S3 front gusset, s3 front shock brace, s3 bulk head, Ct front lower Arms, shock therapy front sway bar and bump stear no 2A3E93B2-B2AB-47BA-A1B8-E67DA2DE13C4.jpeg C0B6912D-0DB5-4B7B-87E8-243E380EC9FE.jpeg

·
Registered
236 Posts
Since I do NOT possess a fraction of the incredibly mad skills of our own resident master wrench Megadesertdiesel, I bought Rider's Advantage extended warranty from my dealer for my 6-month factory warranty ran out!

I know some people consider it a waste of money but I consider it CHEAP insurance (basically $1/day)/peace of mind. The only issue I had with my '17 X3 DS was a busted sway bar link despite my best efforts to destroy it on a regular basis, and while I expect the same relatively carefree ownership out of my X3 Max RS, at $30+K a 6 month warranty scares the poop outta me. I have an excellent relationship with my dealer, do all of my own service after buying the parts/fluids/etc. from them and should I have any issue they won't hesitate to take care of me.

...oh and I bought another LED whip to match the one I already had...I think they look lopsided with only one!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dupe, sorry...

·
Premium Member
256 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Been working on the car this weekend,,, finally cooled off enough for me to wonder outside and start in on the "Pile-o-Parts" next to the Can Am.

Ordered a tune and stuff this "off-season" so I wanted to tear down the rear only once if I could get away with it. Figured I'd have a bunch of stuff apart,,, do it all at once so I don't have to repeatedly take it apart.

Not quite done yet,,, here is the list so far.

Treal Can. Seems to be a good fit. She's a bit close to the rear shock assy,,, but at full extension I have a few mm's, so she should be good.🤞

Installed an RPM BOV and re-route kit as well. (Not a fan of the constant BOV sound) Routed the kit to the 2020 Air box I installed this weekend as well. BOV and Air box for the AA Stage 3 I will be installing shortly.

Installed a Silber Turbo-Back Exhaust for the tune as well..... NOT impressed with the quality of the Silber!!! I will probably be ripping this b!tch out and fixing it on my own or replacing it with a quality item. But I digress.

ZRP Radius Rods, and a CT Nut Plate kit.

I installed a set of Fenix Safety lights in leu of a Chase Light. (not wired yet,,, just installed)

Finally, the HSP's I ordered several months ago are going in. Left one OEM in for now as a comp. The HSP's sit quite a bit higher than OEM. I like it,,,, but they do advertise "same" height as stock. Negative. Probably gonna have to ditch the Can Am Shoulder Bag. Pretty much useless once both the seats get installed due to the extra width.

Took her out for a quick shake-down run after all was back together. Scared myself a bit,,, She seemed like a turd. I told myself that maybe it had just been a while since I'd driven it and I was remembering it being quicker than it is. (no tune installed yet,,, just intake/exhaust stuff) BUT,, I was still questioning everything I had just done in case I missed something.

Pulled into the garage, and THEN realized I was in Eco mode and didn't realize. :rolleyes:

Still have to install the Tune and Clutch kit, and re-do a bunch of wiring (including the Chase Light wiring) to get it all up to my idea of "snuff". And fully install both seats.

Hopefully next weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Been working on the car this weekend,,, finally cooled off enough for me to wonder outside and start in on the "Pile-o-Parts" next to the Can Am.

Ordered a tune and stuff this "off-season" so I wanted to tear down the rear only once if I could get away with it. Figured I'd have a bunch of stuff apart,,, do it all at once so I don't have to repeatedly take it apart.

Not quite done yet,,, here is the list so far.

Treal Can. Seems to be a good fit. She's a bit close to the rear shock assy,,, but at full extension I have a few mm's, so she should be good.

View attachment 261311

Installed an RPM BOV and re-route kit as well. (Not a fan of the constant BOV sound) Routed the kit to the 2020 Air box I installed this weekend as well. BOV and Air box for the AA Stage 3 I will be installing shortly.

View attachment 261312
View attachment 261313

Installed a Silber Turbo-Back Exhaust for the tune as well..... NOT impressed with the quality of the Silber!!! I will probably be ripping this b!tch out and fixing it on my own or replacing it with a quality item. But I digress.

View attachment 261314

ZRP Radius Rods, and a CT Nut Plate kit.

View attachment 261315

I installed a set of Fenix Safety lights in leu of a Chase Light. (not wired yet,,, just installed)

View attachment 261316

Finally, the HSP's I ordered several months ago are going in. Left one OEM in for now as a comp. The HSP's sit quite a bit higher than OEM. I like it,,,, but they do advertise "same" height as stock. Negative. Probably gonna have to ditch the Can Am Shoulder Bag. Pretty much useless once both the seats get installed due to the extra width.

View attachment 261317

Took her out for a quick shake-down run after all was back together. Scared myself a bit,,, She seemed like a turd. I told myself that maybe it had just been a while since I'd driven it and I was remembering it being quicker than it is. (no tune installed yet,,, just intake/exhaust stuff) BUT,, I was still questioning everything I had just done in case I missed something.

Pulled into the garage, and THEN realized I was in Eco mode and didn't realize. :rolleyes:

Still have to install the Tune and Clutch kit, and re-do a bunch of wiring (including the Chase Light wiring) to get it all up to my idea of "snuff". And fully install both seats.

Hopefully next weekend.
Where did you get the Fenix lights? Been eyeing those myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
(y)

·
Registered
353 Posts
put 150 miles on mine this weekend and got it a little bit muddy. mostly dusty though... ran good with the new belt and such on it so that was good and expected.

steve

·
Registered
799 Posts
Added a tiny bit more power , evo dynomite 280 kit. Stage 5x was starting to be too normal around my lands lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
$$$$.$$

1261 - 1280 of 1308 Posts