Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1174 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Nice man who's coils? As for the graphics several online but to busy for my liking

Your back down from your trip to flag?
Eibach coils.
And be sure to clock them before putting them and the limit straps on or you’ll be kinda screwed like this lol

Rubbing ^^

^^ pretty much impossible to adjust on the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Eibach coils.
And be sure to clock them before putting them and the limit straps on or you’ll be kinda screwed like this lol

Rubbing ^^

^^ pretty much impossible to adjust on the car

Lift the tires off the ground with a jack. Then loosen the top jam nut. Then grab the spring itself and start spinning. Forget the stupid spammer wrench.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The spring spins but not the nut so it’s futile, I couldn’t even get them to spin laying them on the bench more than the first inch or so.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
The spring spins but not the nut so it’s futile, I couldn’t even get them to spin laying them on the bench more than the first inch or so.

Do you have them lubed up good with some whiskey dick or the likes.

·
Registered
776 Posts
So the problem here is 2 fold. The limit straps have quite a bit of tension on the spring still. I really have to work to be the bottom spring to budge at all but then it spins the coupler.
If I stick a screw driver in the bottom cup and wedge that against the arm to keep the lower spring from spinning I can’t get my hands on the smaller upper to turn it.

I thought I could use an oil wrench rubber strap tool but I can’t grab diagonal with it on a spring coil.

Sadly though I dropped the car and took a measurement and I need to add about an inch of pre load or more.

To get the limit straps on and off I have to jack up just that wheel, a lot, to be able to line the bolts up. Straps are 27.5 inches but they don’t come off the top of the shock rather the lower part of the aluminum shock brace.

I sprayed them with WD a bunch, it helped some but not enough.

·
Registered
122 Posts
So the problem here is 2 fold. The limit straps have quite a bit of tension on the spring still. I really have to work to be the bottom spring to budge at all but then it spins the coupler.
If I stick a screw driver in the bottom cup and wedge that against the arm to keep the lower spring from spinning I can’t get my hands on the smaller upper to turn it.

I thought I could use an oil wrench rubber strap tool but I can’t grab diagonal with it on a spring coil.

Sadly though I dropped the car and took a measurement and I need to add about an inch of pre load or more.

To get the limit straps on and off I have to jack up just that wheel, a lot, to be able to line the bolts up. Straps are 27.5 inches but they don’t come off the top of the shock rather the lower part of the aluminum shock brace.

I sprayed them with WD a bunch, it helped some but not enough.

buy these spring compressors from Amazon, they make the job super easy
Check this out at Amazon.com
8MILELAKE Heavy Duty 280mm Hook Coil Spring Compressor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016XTRNDI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_.BO0EbJHPZ8R2

·
Registered
776 Posts
Finally got the springs about where they need to be. Didn’t help that Eibach screwed the pooch on the install pdf. They all just point to the warranty doc, time to lynch the web dev..

Anyway figured out my fronts, it’s a 3 step process per sideJack up 1 corner, take off the limiter strap, let it down, jack up the center of the car, twist spring like hell, then use hammer for good times, let it down, jack up the corner put the limit strap back on, move to the other side. Lather rinse repeat.

The rear is much easier but I’m totally guessing spring settings. Currently it’s 5.5 inches from the top which puts the car at 16/16 front rear. Close enough for being a Government worker.

The front springs are a pain in the ass to adjust this way.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Finally got the springs about where they need to be. Didn’t help that Eibach screwed the pooch on the install pdf. They all just point to the warranty doc, time to lynch the web dev..

Anyway figured out my fronts, it’s a 3 step process per sideJack up 1 corner, take off the limiter strap, let it down, jack up the center of the car, twist spring like hell, then use hammer for good times, let it down, jack up the corner put the limit strap back on, move to the other side. Lather rinse repeat.

The rear is much easier but I’m totally guessing spring settings. Currently it’s 5.5 inches from the top which puts the car at 16/16 front rear. Close enough for being a Government worker.

Use spring compressors to take the load off the rings before adjusting. Makes life worth living again

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
662 Posts

Send me your email and I'll forward the instructions for cross over, rebound, as well as hi and low speed compression.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Send me your email and I'll forward the instructions for cross over, rebound, as well as hi and low speed compression.

Message sent

1121 - 1140 of 1174 Posts