Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1120 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nicely done Mega

Can’t say it was on my X3 but sealed the deck on a little trailer I bought at Tractor Sup

Deck coating with sand on top and flex seal like stuff on bottom

Now going to mount a HF winch I have had for like 20 years originally for a truck bed crane

But my buddy Don Julio called me inside ice cold yum 😋

·
Registered
146 Posts
Late last year I sold my DS to a local gentlemen and I didn't even surcharge him for being a snowbird! I got a whole lot more than what my dealer was going to give me on trade when I sold this outright and went buggy-less up until a few weeks ago. This X3 was the first one my dealer sold back in October '17, I traded in my complete POS 4-seat RZR XP-1K for it and passed on $6K in discounts ($5K in standard discounts plus $1K in "loyalty") to get into a Turbo RZR. I typically don't beta test first model year motor vehicles but the X3 had me hooked right away, but once family and friends started visiting I regretted not having a 4-seater...

I wouldn't say I regretted getting a DS but knew that if I was going to buy a 4-seat X3 it'd be an RS. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, Can Am factory is closed, new units are months out and will be MY '21s and likely top dollar. I snagged one of a handful of RS 4-seaters my dealer still had. It was a combination of factors, coronavirus and otherwise, that literally made this a once in a lifetime (I hope!) deal...

·
Registered
146 Posts
^ I should add that in just under 110 hours/2500+ HARD miles on my 2-seater DS, that the only issue I ever had was the right front sway bar link broke and was promptly warrantied by Can Am at no cost. I replaced the belt even though it didn't need it and kept the original as a spare. That's in stark contrast to my experience with my second RZR that spent more time in the dealership's service bay than my garage/desert, and that I babied it in fear that it would leave me stranded in the desert, as it had, repeatedly. I went through belts like no one's business and added quick change belt-cover hardware and became extremely efficient at changing them. Good news is the retired gentleman that bought it from the dealership I traded it in at (and bought my X3) basically uses it as a golf cart and it's been serving him well according to my dealer...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Called Ct and asked where the limit straps are, they are still weeks to month(S) out as the company they get them from is still closed.

Called Eibach to find out where my springs are. They're a week out to ship as well. So if I do haul this up to Flagstaff next weekend I'm either running barless and scared or on new springs, barless and scared lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hitting The Cinders? MAN I spent a lot of time ripping around there in my X3 DS when I lived in Flag...$100 Hill is no joke for amateurs (of which I proudly consider myself!). Good luck getting your parts...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Been wanting to do these both for a bit,,, finally got around to installing my Baja De$ign$ X3 headlight kit, and changing up the color of the car a bit. (I have a bit of an LED problem!)

I like silver vehicles, my wife and I both have silver trucks. So, even though I'm not a total fan of the "Circus" themed car we purchased, I liked the silver. I don't mind the gold color that much, but I don't really care for the "Not really red, but not really orange" Can Am Red that these come with. (I love Red,,, just not Can Am Red)

Figured since I had the headlights out installing the BD kit, I'd take the opportunity to get rid of a good chunk of the "Red"

Here is before I started the work......

And another, from the top.....

Started by installing the new Baja De$ign$ light kit. I'm not a fan of pictures of light patterns and stuff since there are so many variables and it's hard to actually see what the photographer sees. Instead of taking pics of the light output, I simply installed one at a time and lit them up with one BD and one OEM. HUGE difference is all I can say.

Here is a pic with one installed so you can more easily compare the look they give the car. (I actually like the way the OEM lights look,,,, when they aren't on.) The BD's do look a bit "meaner" IMO.

I copied another gent on here (Fasrnu) and wrapped the headlight bezel in CF vinyl.

LOVE the CF look, but I didn't really care for it being the only bit of CF on the car,,,, just looked like I "slapped it on" and it didn't go with the rest of the car. I decided to wrap the factory running light bezel as well,,,, kinda brings it together a bit. BTW,,, I've never wrapped anything before, so this one was a bit of a challenge.

I then moved onto the "red purge". After toiling with weather to use more CF or silver, I ended up going with the Silver. Tried a couple of options, ended up wrapping the front hood sections in Silver that is a VERY close match to the factory Silver.

Here is one during, followed by a few after.

Couple of final pics in the sun.....

And finally from the side,,, think I'll leave this red so the seats have something to tie in with....

I may at some point do a silver "stripe" down the center of the roof, but I've had it with wrapping for a while. o_O

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 ds turbo r
113 Posts
How heavy is that tractor? How's your belt after pulling it out?
Around 3k. Tires are filled. I didn’t pull it. Ran straps out the back to a tree. 2 pointed it. I always try to 2 point on the heavy stuff.

I’ve found during summer months have to 2 point, find a burm or stump to get the front tires behind to hold it from sliding. Winter time tracks are usually good for small items , large 2 point, stump, or burm.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 ds turbo r
113 Posts
Rokblokz, Rockford pmx ir, and a usb voltage display plug!

Oil change tomorrow maybe. Tired. Comfy chair time.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 ds turbo r
113 Posts
Wait, huh, what? You put a radio dial on the side of your X3? So when you get close to Mr. Tree branch he turns up your Backside Boys music. Thats custom (y)
Get it straight bro. Backside boys only plays at max. Figured you would know that being from ca and such.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I couldn't stomach paying what retailers want for a set of sun visors but I have really been needing a set for the battle wagon so I decided to make some.

I bought a set of friction hinges off Amazon for 10 bucks. You can adjust the tension so that they are stiff enough to keep from blowing back in your face in the wind.. Riveted the hinges to some HDPE I had laying around the garage and bolted them to the roof. Easy peazy, I think they came out OK.

·
Premium Member
7,605 Posts
I couldn't stomach paying what retailers want for a set of sun visors but I have really been needing a set for the battle wagon so I decided to make some.

I bought a set of friction hinges off Amazon for 10 bucks. You can adjust the tension so that they are stiff enough to keep from blowing back in your face in the wind.. Riveted the hinges to some HDPE I had laying around the garage and bolted them to the roof. Easy peazy, I think they came out OK.
View attachment 255702 View attachment 255703 View attachment 255704
More pictures of your dash with relocated gauge cluster. I plan on putting my GPS infront of steering wheel. Any tips?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
More pictures of your dash with relocated gauge cluster. I plan on putting my GPS infront of steering wheel. Any tips?
I just bent up a piece of aluminum and bolted it where the electronic device holder would normally screw in. Cluster mount riveted on top plus a Razorback, PowerPort, and horn button, on the front of it.

I don’t have a GPS on my side but the screen on the passenger side is big enough for us both to see it. I made an aluminum reinforcing plate for the steering shaft because I didn’t like how the adjuster would let it bounce up and down. You could make a similar one out of steel and weld a bracket to it to hold your GPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just a few things was planning on doing front end this long weekend but thought I had another week so have to wait on one more party to show up. So just dis side panels and flush mount for radio

1101 - 1120 of 1120 Posts