Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1129 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
I finally got it. This diff wouldn’t rock out of the way. I ended up taking the top plate almost all the way off, to put the winch bulkhead on I kinda need those to be sticking out the top.
Really odd thing was it was hanging up on nothing I could find. I could get it to move and then it’d ‘clink’ something metal but it was like the axels. I chipped a piece of the smart lock gear cover when it finally went. The upper a arms will hopefully never have to be removed, same with the smart lock.

Now still waiting on springs, limiters and now the bulkhead and my wiring of the free winch I was given, for now.

Also pulled the front sway bar off while I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
The CT kit went in pretty easily on my 19 XRS. My front diff moved easily enough for me to get the bolts in. Worst part for me was getting the "bridge plate" inserted into the frame over the front diff. Directions stated it had to go in from the driver's side (specifically for a smart lock car). I horsed around with it for 20 minutes swearing at it, the entire time my wife asking me if it was supposed to go in from the passenger side. I showed her the instructions (again) and walked away for 2 minutes. Came back and it was in,,,, Wife said, "it slid right in from the passenger side". :sneaky:

Between the two of us, we got it done pretty easily.

·
Registered
640 Posts
thankfully I didn't have my wife over thinking it and 'helping' me. I was yanking, like enough to move the whole car via the cv output shafts. Push pull, yank, try to pry. Nothing, it 'caught' on a ghost, a metal ghost that would clink but never show its face. Mine did go right in from the divers side, after I unplugged all the connectors (which would later come back to taunt me as well.

I had the bolt in from the front at first then realized when they say "another pair of hands would go a long way" when installing the bumper I figure 2 studs sticking out should really work out ok. Bigger reason is, I figure I might be bolting the winch in the bumper then lifting the hole thing on. But there's these 4 bolts in the center, not sure how those are going to help or hurt my plans.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I figure I might be bolting the winch in the bumper then lifting the hole thing on. But there's these 4 bolts in the center, not sure how those are going to help or hurt my plans.
I figured I may end up installing a winch at some point,,,, so I got CT's winch bulkhead and installed it at the same time in case those plans work out.

My wife is actually a HUGE help when it comes to this kind of stuff. She has a very logical mind and is stupid mechanically inclined. She makes me look foolish occasionally, as she did with the bridge plate. There are only a few of those unicorns, and I actually found one.(y)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I finally got it. This diff wouldn’t rock out of the way. I ended up taking the top plate almost all the way off, to put the winch bulkhead on I kinda need those to be sticking out the top.
Really odd thing was it was hanging up on nothing I could find. I could get it to move and then it’d ‘clink’ something metal but it was like the axels. I chipped a piece of the smart lock gear cover when it finally went. The upper a arms will hopefully never have to be removed, same with the smart lock.

Now still waiting on springs, limiters and now the bulkhead and my wiring of the free winch I was given, for now.

Also pulled the front sway bar off while I was there.

I imagine it’s similar to the TMW. When I installed my gusset kit I ended up cutting all those four front bolts off for easy removal of them without having to move the smart lock. Then put the new bolts in the opposite way so the nuts were on the inside.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The bolts on mine go in from the front. maybe your bumper or bulkhead doesn't allow that.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I made a grab handle for when I go racing. It bolts in where the glove box normally sits. I have some hand grips coming, and I'll probably narrow the width when I can see how much I need for the grips to go all the way on. I put a plate on top for mounting the big screen Lowrance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Installed the Canam “electronic device holder”, already has an iPad mini that I mostly use for playing with my drone so figured I’d use it as gps and trail finding.

·
Premium Member
7,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I love those large Lowrance units. Been looking for an older used one for my max build.
There are several on ebay. None of them have the antenna though so you gotta buy that as well if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Bought some ridged pods and another package was delivered and have know idea what it is. the parts are piling up in the garage and soon I’m going to have to start putting them on

·
Registered
162 Posts
Installed the Canam “electronic device holder”, already has an iPad mini that I mostly use for playing with my drone so figured I’d use it as gps and trail finding.

The only problem with that is if cell service is spotty then it won’t work which will probably happen trail riding that’s why I’m going with a lowerance I tried it this past weekend and no Bueno

·
Registered
89 Posts
The only problem with that is if cell service is spotty then it won’t work which will probably happen trail riding that’s why I’m going with a lowerance I tried it this past weekend and no Bueno
Yes and no. GPS will work without cell reception, I’ll just need to make sure to download the areas I’ll be in so the map data will be available offline.

Haven’t settled on an app yet but testing OnX Offroad as well as Gaia. Both allow offline downloads of maps

I should be good to go.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I love those large Lowrance units. Been looking for an older used one for my max build.
Get the 32" ,Megascreen model.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Yes and no. GPS will work without cell reception, I’ll just need to make sure to download the areas I’ll be in so the map data will be available offline.

Haven’t settled on an app yet but testing OnX Offroad as well as Gaia. Both allow offline downloads of maps

I should be good to go.
I'm back to Gaia it does work so easy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
I use BCN and it has been great. Ca man use it offline and I can download whole state background maps with streets/trails loaded

1061 - 1080 of 1129 Posts