Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

761 - 780 of 1202 Posts

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
What exactly are they going to do to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are going to fix it. Lol!

What they are fixing will be seen ones they open the motor up.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
No dune guy pulls their engine in November unless they have to. What happened?

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, blah blah...
Yeah its killing me to be down. Not exactly sure but maybe a lean condition that hurt cylinder 1. Ill know more next week.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Put new wheels on for my paddles didn’t like the look on stock wheels... to skinny

·
Registered
336 Posts
Finally got around to adding my Corbin blinkers and signature lights today. It came out good, install was easy enough other than learning as I was going while taking it apart for the first time.

Steve

·
Registered
428 Posts
Checked the o-rings in tbe primary clutch. Changed them about 800 miles ago. They looked good. No uneven wear, so I turned them over to the side that doesn't wear as fast. They should still have another 1000 miles or so of life left. I also replaced the rollers in the secondary clutch.They looked pretty bad with small grooves around the outside. The ramps on the helix had similar grooving, too. Once i got it apart though, it didn't seem so bad. The wear was pretty even on all three rollers and ramps. I put the new rollers in anyway since I had them. What does concern me is the wear on the movable secondary sheave. There is a noticeable depression near the inside where the belt runs at high rpm. More so on the movable side than the fixed side. I put a straight edge across the surface and was able to get a corner of a .020 feeler gauge between the straight edge and the sheave. I haven't noticed anything different in how it drives. Still goes hard when you put your foot down. The machine has 3900 miles on it. Mostly fast trail riding. I am on the second belt (OEM 652). I changed the first one at 2679 miles. It was still good, just thought it was time. I am going to run it as is for now. I'll check it again at 5000 miles.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
that is normal wear, and it will need replacing soon
the dust and dirt really speeds up the wear on the clutch faces
I found buying a complete clutch is the best way to go
the only part that does not come with a complete clutch is the belt bearing
why it is not, makes no sense to me
with a complete clutch you get the matched parts very important if you have a 17
the movable sheave also has a bearing that wears out that you should check when the clutch is apart

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes, I am sure the dust is why it is wearing so much. Hopefully I can get another season out of it. The primary sheaves have some wear near the outer edge. Probably have to replace both clutches at the same time.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes, I am sure the dust is why it is wearing so much. Hopefully I can get another season out of it. The primary sheaves have some wear near the outer edge. Probably have to replace both clutches at the same time.
Is it possible to have them machined to true them up?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
that is normal wear, and it will need replacing soon
the dust and dirt really speeds up the wear on the clutch faces
I found buying a complete clutch is the best way to go
the only part that does not come with a complete clutch is the belt bearing
why it is not, makes no sense to me
with a complete clutch you get the matched parts very important if you have a 17
the movable sheave also has a bearing that wears out that you should check when the clutch is apart
Where do you find a complete clutch for sale? I only see individual parts of the clutch.

761 - 780 of 1202 Posts