Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
2321 - 2340 of 2397 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Went out to the garage on snapped a few. (Looks like I gotta clean my jack) :eek:

The front is just a piece of large all-thread used as an axle, passing through the holes the factory metal wheels bolted to.

The rear used swiveling casters on a bracket, so I had to pull those off. I chose to use some scrap aluminum plate that I had to locate the wheels with. I used metric hardware that fit into the factory locations that bolt the cylinder housing onto the side plates of the jack. I drilled holes in the aluminum plate that aligned with the factory jack assembly points, and mounted the plates to the jack. Then, drilled a large hole for the rear axle, (located at the same height as the front) for the all-thread to pass through and mount the wheels onto with appropriate hardware.

The aluminum plates are identical,,, so I only had to measure/mark one, then drill through both at the same time.

Hopefully that all makes sense,,,, if not, the pics should help. (y)

View attachment 283009

View attachment 283010

View attachment 283011

View attachment 283012
Awesome! I appreciate the pictures. Looks good

·
Registered
589 Posts
got mine all washed up after riding in northern wi a couple weekends back. checked out the release this morning, not much there so thats good for my pocket book haha. just enjoying it when i can these days.

may get a flip up windshield for the defender. hopefully now that it is cooling off a bit, i wont need to get something to get more air through it...

steve

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Max RR Triple Black
51 Posts
Went into the Wrangell-St Elias National park to The Kennicott Mine in the town of McCarthy, AK. Camped in Chitina and drove the 60 miles into McCarthy. The mine is an old copper mine that was built and running in the early 1900’s. Amazing place to see

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just installed the EVO race pipe/cat delete. Got it all buttoned up and now i'm hearing a bad knocking sound on deceleration. Any of you guys have any idea what that could be?

Sounds like a rod knocking but only on decel, not when I rev it. Car is a 2022 XRS with about 20 miles on it

·
Registered
2022 X3 XRS RR SS
1,015 Posts
Just installed the EVO race pipe/cat delete. Got it all buttoned up and now i'm hearing a bad knocking sound on deceleration. Any of you guys have any idea what that could be?

Sounds like a rod knocking but only on decel, not when I rev it. Car is a 2022 XRS with about 20 miles on it
How could you hear anything over the race pipe? 🤣Clutch clatter maybe. That’s the only time I really hear the P Drive clacking. My 22 XRS with RPM’s bigmouth cat delete and sport exhaust with the quiet core (kinda a little quieter but just enough) makes amazing sounds on decel. 20 miles isn’t much. How’d you break it in?

·
Registered
174 Posts
How could you hear anything over the race pipe? 🤣Clutch clatter maybe. That’s the only time I really hear the P Drive clacking. My 22 XRS with RPM’s bigmouth cat delete and sport exhaust with the quiet core (kinda a little quieter but just enough) makes amazing sounds on decel. 20 miles isn’t much. How’d you break it in?
Well I still had the access panel off on the inside of the car. Sounds like its coming from right near the turbo. Car was broken in over a about a 10 mile trip (if you can consider that even broken in) in some Tennessee trails near me. Lots variable rpm's and speeds. And I always let the car get up to operating temp before I start reving the engine.

I don't think it was making the noise before the install but I can't swear by it since I didn't have the access panel out before the install.

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC
460 Posts
Saturday, we put on door shocks and handles(modified the plastic to work with the handles), grab bars, shift knob and shift plate(also bent the bar for the shifter so we can easily reach around the shift knob) and also put on the windscreen and finishing up the speakers today🤩
View attachment 280767 View attachment 280768 View attachment 280769 View attachment 280770 View attachment 280771
View attachment 280776
And Sunday we went for an awesome ride with our group but don't have many pictures
View attachment 280780

View attachment 280779
View attachment 280778
View attachment 280781
Wilmore Dam?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I still had the access panel off on the inside of the car. Sounds like its coming from right near the turbo. Car was broken in over a about a 10 mile trip (if you can consider that even broken in) in some Tennessee trails near me. Lots variable rpm's and speeds. And I always let the car get up to operating temp before I start reving the engine.

I don't think it was making the noise before the install but I can't swear by it since I didn't have the access panel out before the install.
Pj ppl
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

·
Registered
589 Posts
only wished i could be driving it. thats all i did with it so far today...

steve

2321 - 2340 of 2397 Posts