Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
2221 - 2231 of 2231 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
3,249 Posts
Honestly didn't think I'd get hate for installing a windshield😂😂 Everyone around here has one weather it's poly or glass, full, 1/2, folding, power flip or whatever. Heat will always be an issue with sxs with or without a windshield but a lot less without one. Messed up hair isn't a problem as it's always a tangled mess when riding sxs which is what we do during the summer/spring and a little in winter. My opinion on having a windshield isn't going to change and neither is your opinion on not having one. This was supposed to be for showing what has been installed...🙈
I'm not giving you hate lol. All good...

·
Registered
76 Posts
After our BM windshield install on 85+ days my right side leg would get smoking hot. Ironically when I installed wiper and solvent bottle which sits on top of wire looms and rubber fire wall boot the heat dropped a bunch. Shaped wires and boot to L.

·
Registered
2018 X3 XDS Turbo R
102 Posts
After our BM windshield install on 85+ days my right side leg would get smoking hot. Ironically when I installed wiper and solvent bottle which sits on top of wire looms and rubber fire wall boot the heat dropped a bunch. Shaped wires and boot to L.
Do you have pictures of this install/mod? I am getting ready to install my wiper and washed bottle. Perhaps I can follow your suggestion.

·
Registered
2022 Can Am Maverick X3 DS Turbo RR
19 Posts
We do plan on getting a wiper kit later just not necessary at the the moment

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do you have pictures of this install/mod? I am getting ready to install my wiper and washed bottle. Perhaps I can follow your suggestion.
I do not atm. I’m on vacation. Download BRP instructions best advice I can give, will need templates for drilling and cutting. I didn’t do stock BRP wiper kit. I installed EMP saved some coin and has been solid.

·
Registered
2018 X3 XDS Turbo R
102 Posts
I do not atm. I’m on vacation. Download BRP instructions best advice I can give, will need templates for drilling and cutting. I didn’t do stock BRP wiper kit. I installed EMP saved some coin and has been solid.
Ok, thanks. I will have to wing the wiper install. I went with a different option. I wanted more degrees of coverage and a less expensive option. I bought a new in box, old stock, 95 caravan rear wiper motor and arm. If it fails to provide what I need, I’m going to have to blame it on Lee Iacocca .

Surely it can’t be my fault if it doesn’t work properly.

·
Registered
2022 Can Am Maverick X3 DS Turbo RR
19 Posts
Just ordered a whole list of stuff that should be here in 2 weeks🙌 Our X3 is coming together a little at a time, here is how she currently sits😍 We already had a light bar but just haven't installed it yet probably will with all the other stuff.
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Tire Vehicle Sky Cloud Wheel

Will update with pictures after we install everything we ordered, which is speakers, 2ft whips and 4 rock lights, oem rear net, shift knob and shift gate, electric windshield wiper, door latches and door opener kit, roll cage grab handles, and side mirrors. After all this gets installed next on the list is sway bar links to get rid of the clunk, was really hoping the 22's wouldn't have that issue🙄 Going to get harnesses at some point in the mix😂 Also going to lift her a little as well as put some protection on her with tree kickers. Then comes exhaust which is more likely going to be a winter project plus we can't decide on what we want yet but definitely a blow off valve. So if anyone has made it this far and has exhaust suggestions or videos please post them🙏

2221 - 2231 of 2231 Posts