Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
2201 - 2220 of 2231 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,580 Posts
Well, just got home from a road trip to CT Raceworx and I must say, @DBrunton and all the guys there are first class. It was about 7 hours each way and upon arrival the techs didn't waste one second getting my car into the shop and getting it torn down for some upgrades.

I had them do the Shock Tower Mount, Gusset Kit, Race Tie Rods with BSC, upper and lower Keller Ball Joints, High Clearance Lower Control Arms, and the High Clearance WORX Radius Rods. Man I can't wait to go beat on this thing now!

One thing to note for you 2022 guys, My car has around 14 miles on it and has been on one trip and Dave at CT called me and said my upper ball joints were worn out and all my radius rods were loose and also found other loose hardware. I know these things shake and vibrate hardware loose and should be checked often, but loose radius rods and worn out ball joints in 14 miles seems absurd. Hopefully it was a fluke and nobody else's cars are all loose like mine was. Maybe it was built on a Friday lol. Either way, the CT guys went over the whole car and torqued and marked all the hardware so i'm sure it'll be good to go from hear out. View attachment 279995 View attachment 279996 View attachment 279997 View attachment 279998
Great pics, great company.

Reactions: gSwift

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well, just got home from a road trip to CT Raceworx and I must say, @DBrunton and all the guys there are first class. It was about 7 hours each way and upon arrival the techs didn't waste one second getting my car into the shop and getting it torn down for some upgrades.

I had them do the Shock Tower Mount, Gusset Kit, Race Tie Rods with BSC, upper and lower Keller Ball Joints, High Clearance Lower Control Arms, and the High Clearance WORX Radius Rods. Man I can't wait to go beat on this thing now!

One thing to note for you 2022 guys, My car has around 14 miles on it and has been on one trip and Dave at CT called me and said my upper ball joints were worn out and all my radius rods were loose and also found other loose hardware. I know these things shake and vibrate hardware loose and should be checked often, but loose radius rods and worn out ball joints in 14 miles seems absurd. Hopefully it was a fluke and nobody else's cars are all loose like mine was. Maybe it was built on a Friday lol. Either way, the CT guys went over the whole car and torqued and marked all the hardware so i'm sure it'll be good to go from hear out. View attachment 279995 View attachment 279996 View attachment 279997 View attachment 279998
Car looks awesome! My CT kit went together flawlessly.
14 miles.. I went with the Keller lowers but damn 14 miles.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Car looks awesome! My CT kit went together flawlessly.
14 miles.. I went with the Keller lowers but damn 14 miles.
Yeah I had planned on going with the kellers in the lowers anyways, but once they got the wheels off the ground they said it had a decent amount of play in it. I told Dave how many miles it had on it and he went back and confirmed it had excessive play in the ball joint. I was definitely scratching my head wondering how that could even be possible with 14-15 miles and how nobody at Adrenaline Cycles didn't catch it during their pre-delivery inspection.

Dave said the dealer would probably cover it under warranty but at that point the car was already in CT's shop and torn apart so for a couple hundred bucks it was worth it to just let them handle it instead of trying to argue with the dealer. For a second I thought he called the wrong customer 🤣

·
Registered
192 Posts

It was awesome getting to meet, work on your rig and chat for a while after! Thank you for being extremely easy to work with and flexible about crazy sceduling! Give er hell and let me know if we can help with anything else brother!

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
3,249 Posts
It was awesome getting to meet, work on your rig and chat for a while after! Thank you for being extremely easy to work with and flexible about crazy sceduling! Give er hell and let me know if we can help with anything else brother!
Has the existence of the X3 changed your life? Would things be different for you if Can Am never released an X3?

I have that thought sometimes...seeing what the X3 platform has done for so many aftermarket companies.

·
Registered
2022 Can Am Maverick X3 DS Turbo RR
19 Posts
We put our Bent Metal windshield on yesterday😍🤩 We will be ordering whips, rock lights and speakers Friday so I will also post those when installed as well.
Tire Wheel Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

Highly recommend Bent Metal for windshield needs although on the expensive side(so are sxs's in general lol) but worth it! Phenomenal quality and looks greats as well while doing the job. Now to finally take her on the trails this weekend and put her to the test🙌

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
We put our Bent Metal windshield on yesterday😍🤩 We will be ordering whips, rock lights and speakers Friday so I will also post those when installed as well.
View attachment 280062
Highly recommend Bent Metal for windshield needs although on the expensive side(so are sxs's in general lol) but worth it! Phenomenal quality and looks greats as well while doing the job. Now to finally take her on the trails this weekend and put her to the test🙌
That windshield is going to put YOU to the test!

·
Registered
19 Posts
After lots and lots of reading Bent Metal was the obvious choice as poly windshields get scratched and lose visibility, hated our old one. As for heat there's always the option to tint it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see you like to be try and be funny. There's always the option to not complain about heat..Idk could just be me though🤷‍♀️ I've never been in a sxs that isn't hot but it's just part of it. To add, we ride trail systems like Spearhead and Hatfield and McCoy so there's dust/dirt flying and we perfer to not eat it as much as possible or if it rains we don't get super soaked. Plan on taking another trip to Brimstone this summer as well🤘

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I see you like to be try and be funny. There's always the option to not complain about heat..Idk could just be me though🤷‍♀️ I've never been in a sxs that isn't hot but it's just part of it. To add, we ride trail systems like Spearhead and Hatfield and McCoy so there's dust/dirt flying and we perfer to not eat it as much as possible or if it rains we don't get super soaked. Plan on taking another trip to Brimstone this summer as well🤘
This is going to be you in a few days! Ironically he got the full for Hatfield McCoy haha.

Sorry I can't help it, I'm the windshield Nazi. It's what I do...

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is going to be you in a few days! Ironically he got the full for Hatfield McCoy haha.

Sorry I can't help it, I'm the windshield Nazi. It's what I do...

View attachment 280064
There's many reasons why we would rather have a windshield. 1 being the type of riding we do since there's lots of dirt/dust, 2 weather, it can be sunny and 75 then start pouring rain in a matter of seconds and being pelted by rain isn't fun, 3 I'm a female with long hair, not matter what I do even if it's up and I have a hat on it flies around. So after lots of research, reading and consideration this was the best option for us.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm in this camp too but 99.9999% will complain about how hot these machines are LOL. Mine will fold down but the only time I've folded it was when I installed it, most of the time I forget it folds, honestly I forget it's vented most of the time.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
There's many reasons why we would rather have a windshield. 1 being the type of riding we do since there's lots of dirt/dust, 2 weather, it can be sunny and 75 then start pouring rain in a matter of seconds and being pelted by rain isn't fun, 3 I'm a female with long hair, not matter what I do even if it's up and I have a hat on it flies around. So after lots of research, reading and consideration this was the best option for us.
You're all the same!!!

Clothing Wheel Outerwear Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
Honestly didn't think I'd get hate for installing a windshield😂😂 Everyone around here has one whether it's poly or glass, full, 1/2, folding, power flip or whatever. Heat will always be an issue with sxs with or without a windshield but a lot less without one. Messed up hair isn't a problem as it's always a tangled mess when riding sxs which is what we do during the summer/spring and a little in winter. My opinion on having a windshield isn't going to change and neither is your opinion on not having one. This was supposed to be for showing what has been installed...🙈

2201 - 2220 of 2231 Posts