Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
2181 - 2200 of 2231 Posts

·
Registered
2018 X3 XDS Turbo R
102 Posts
I'm trying to resist the urge to mod the car into oblivion. The exhaust needs heat shielding and I didn't feel like wrapping it so I just put the factory parts back on. I had to modify the upper heat shield for the second O2 bung on the delete pipe.

Lol let me know how resisting that urge works out for you.

I bought a 580 HP ZL1. My wife asked what the big attraction was and why I wanted to buy it. I told her I wouldn't have to do a thing to it. It has plenty of power just the way it came out of the factory. No mods. I'm done.

Three years later, an auxillary fuel pump, three bump ups in the blower pulley, bigger injectors, headers, cold air induction , four different tunes, E85 conversion..
Well, we are at 818hp and I'm thinking of upping the cam..

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
1,228 Posts

I bought a 580 HP ZL1. My wife asked what the big attraction was and why I wanted to buy it. I told her I wouldn't have to do a thing to it. It has plenty of power just the way it came out of the factory. No mods. I'm done.

Three years later, an auxillary fuel pump, three bump ups in the blower pulley, bigger injectors, headers, cold air induction , four different tunes, E85 conversion..
I said the same thing about my truck...then came gears, full Kings, hydro, and 40's.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm trying to resist the urge to mod the car into oblivion. The exhaust needs heat shielding and I didn't feel like wrapping it so I just put the factory parts back on. I had to modify the upper heat shield for the second O2 bung on the delete pipe.
I did the 2.5” RPM mid pipe and the heat shields went back on without mods. Did you do the 3”?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Got the front buttoned up today. Shock light bar mounted, street legal kit, wiper spray, winch and turn signal fangs all wired in. Mounted the reservoir for the wiper washer, did the shock flip and cut out the body work for the flip and wiper (razor knife is the best with a little heat gun to warm the plastic). Skid plate and plastics back on. Wanted it on 4 tires and off the jack stands again before bedtime. Getting closer. 1 more weekend before the dunes.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Light Grille
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2018 X3 XDS Turbo R
102 Posts
Got the front buttoned up today. Shock light bar mounted, street legal kit, wiper spray, winch and turn signal fangs all wired in. Mounted the reservoir for the wiper washer, did the shock flip and cut out the body work for the flip and wiper (razor knife is the best with a little heat gun to warm the plastic). Skid plate and plastics back on. Wanted it on 4 tires and off the jack stands again before bedtime. Getting closer. 1 more weekend before the dunes.

Looking good! I am entertaining doing the shock flip also. I have the Kemimoto washer kit that I want to install. Do you have any close up pictures of the bottle and squirters mounted?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Looking good! I am entertaining doing the shock flip also. I have the Kemimoto washer kit that I want to install. Do you have any close up pictures of the bottle and squirters mounted?
Thanks I’m happy with how it is turning out. Shock flip really adds to the aggressive look of the front. I didn’t get pictures of the wiper or washer bottle install but here are a couple of it done. I had the BRP kit and it was not hard but requires the dash to be taken apart and the front plastics off to get the wiper motor in. The bottle sits directly over and on top of the wire loom through the firewall so all the wiring going to the front of the car had to be done first. I had all the front plastic, the shocks and wheels off for other things but it made the job easier. I had to modify (remove) the filler neck as it would not fit with the shock tower brace. Mounting tabs were 2 rivets you can see below the nuts holding the bottle to the bracket that had to be removed and replaced with the bottle bracket. Shocks need to be removed (1at a minimum) to get it in the mounting location. Both is easier for the room to get your hands in.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Blue
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shock Flip looking nice! Isnt it a problem with smart shox to do the shock flip?
As I understand,you will have to put the left shock to the right and vice versa to perfom the shock flip?!
Isnt it a problem for the smart shox system then, when you switch the sides, as the sensors would then act differently. Or do I have to change the wires (which are going into the shocks) as well? How do I have to do it correctly, so no issues with smart shox will occur?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Shock Flip looking nice! Isnt it a problem with smart shox to do the shock flip?
As I understand,you will have to put the left shock to the right and vice versa to perfom the shock flip?!
Isnt it a problem for the smart shox system then, when you switch the sides, as the sensors would then act differently. Or do I have to change the wires (which are going into the shocks) as well? How do I have to do it correctly, so no issues with smart shox will occur?
The shocks are dumb so to speak. They don’t know if they are on the left or right side. The smart part is in the sensors and system that tell the shocks what to do, and none of those items are changed. The Smart Shox wires run along side the front brake lines and have plugs on the top tube of the chassis. When I did the flip I needed to spin the plunger part with the wire end 180 degrees so they were facing back in to the upper control arm and trim the plastic. There are several Smart Shox owners here that have done it. The only problem I have seen so far was a bent pin at the connector when plugging them back in.

·
Registered
2018 X3 XDS Turbo R
102 Posts
Thanks I’m happy with how it is turning out. Shock flip really adds to the aggressive look of the front. I didn’t get pictures of the wiper or washer bottle install but here are a couple of it done. I had the BRP kit and it was not hard but requires the dash to be taken apart and the front plastics off to get the wiper motor in. The bottle sits directly over and on top of the wire loom through the firewall so all the wiring going to the front of the car had to be done first. I had all the front plastic, the shocks and wheels off for other things but it made the job easier. I had to modify (remove) the filler neck as it would not fit with the shock tower brace. Mounting tabs were 2 rivets you can see below the nuts holding the bottle to the bracket that had to be removed and replaced with the bottle bracket. Shocks need to be removed (1at a minimum) to get it in the mounting location. Both is easier for the room to get your hands in.
Thanks for the pictures and the inspiration. I am Definitely doing the shock flip. I need to get my wipers and my washer bottle installed. Besides, it looks cool. I am trying to figure out if I should do the front shock gusset/support at the same time.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts

Thats what they call continuous improvement!:cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, just got home from a road trip to CT Raceworx and I must say, @DBrunton and all the guys there are first class. It was about 7 hours each way and upon arrival the techs didn't waste one second getting my car into the shop and getting it torn down for some upgrades.

I had them do the Shock Tower Mount, Gusset Kit, Race Tie Rods with BSC, upper and lower Keller Ball Joints, High Clearance Lower Control Arms, and the High Clearance WORX Radius Rods. Man I can't wait to go beat on this thing now!

One thing to note for you 2022 guys, My car has around 14 miles on it and has been on one trip and Dave at CT called me and said my upper ball joints were worn out and all my radius rods were loose and also found other loose hardware. I know these things shake and vibrate hardware loose and should be checked often, but loose radius rods and worn out ball joints in 14 miles seems absurd. Hopefully it was a fluke and nobody else's cars are all loose like mine was. Maybe it was built on a Friday lol. Either way, the CT guys went over the whole car and torqued and marked all the hardware so i'm sure it'll be good to go from hear out.
Automotive tire Hood Tread Tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

2181 - 2200 of 2231 Posts