Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
2041 - 2060 of 2072 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't understand what's fun about that,,, but glad you enjoyed it!. (y) Nice pics.
The why is easy.. I get to go out and ride! I didn't go through any mud holes this trip, all that slop is from greasy trails on a wet weekend. It's life on the East side. if you want to ride (over 10 MPH) more than a few days a year, you're going to be muddy.

Admittedly, this was a particularly dismal weekend and trail conditions were hard on the machines.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The why is easy.. I get to go out and ride!
If I had to ride in conditions like that,,, I'd pick a different hobby. Fun to work ratio is just not there for me.

No judgement, different strokes and all,,,, just not my thing. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Got around to doing the shakedown and repairing the front axle from the weekend. Not quite what I expected with the broken axle but explains why I noticed it on flat ground. Also my upper A-arms must be bent, the holes at the shock mount are oval now. So, Broken Rhino 2.0 and bent SATV Arms….
Automotive tire Food Plant Rim Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Extinction Bone Tread

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Wood

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Nailed it! I go there a couple/few times a year.
I’m from there . Been riding there since before rush off road was even thought about. Lol. Is there a reason why you went with rhino axles? They don’t work that well. Oem are much better value and seem to be stronger. I’ve never broke one in over 3k miles .

·
Registered
529 Posts
I’m from there . Been riding there since before rush off road was even thought about. Lol. Is there a reason why you went with rhino axles? They don’t work that well. Oem are much better value and seem to be stronger. I’ve never broke one in over 3k miles .
Same reason as most people do. Believing the idea SATV sold better than stock components with a great warranty. Then finding out through experience that neither seem to be true. They do ship fast though!

At one point I had 3 Rhino 2.0 axles in my machine and right now it’s back down to one which will get replaced when it has a problem or I have it out for some reason. Aside from a couple boot issues, this is the first one that broke. So I wont the call the Rhino’s junk but I’m transitioning back to OEM axles.

My Dads experience on his X3 says all the axles are weak and the differential isn’t tough 🤣. He’s really good at breaking axles, he doesn’t seem to like to use finesse and rocks the full send mindset over obstacles and hills. Fun to watch though.

I’ve now broken 1 OEM and 1 rhino. He’s broken 2 OEM, 2 rhino’s and one smart lock diff which was running the 2.0’s at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Same reason as most people do. Believing the idea SATV sold better than stock components with a great warranty. Then finding out through experience that neither seem to be true. They do ship fast though!

At one point I had 3 Rhino 2.0 axles in my machine and right now it’s back down to one which will get replaced when it has a problem or I have it out for some reason. Aside from a couple boot issues, this is the first one that broke. So I wont the call the Rhino’s junk but I’m transitioning back to OEM axles.

My Dads experience on his X3 says all the axles are weak and the differential isn’t tough . He’s really good at breaking axles, he doesn’t seem to like to use finesse and rocks the full send mindset over obstacles and hills. Fun to watch though.

I’ve now broken 1 OEM and 1 rhino. He’s broken 2 OEM, 2 rhino’s and one smart lock diff which was running the 2.0’s at the time.
With experience comes the ability to know when to hammer and when to let off. Lol been driving these since 08 in a rhino. I broke a couple axles in it. I’ve got some friends that drive the same way. It’s like they can’t see the lines and just cob on it and hope for the best . I do agree it’s definitely fun to watch . Just not fun to have to work on or tow them back. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Same here!

Sycamore Creek. I did a little jont over to the start of the 4 peaks run but turned back and hit The Rolls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Christmas came early today. I received and installed the Sandcraft steering stabilizer. I’m itching to get out to see how she tracks.
Anyone interested in a slightly used Shock Therapy BSD or CT front straps for cheap? SoCal
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
962 Posts
Installed an ST front sway bar to replace the OEM I snapped last trip. Install was more of a PITA than I'd hoped. Tried to install without pulling the front shocks. No Bueno. Had to tear down more of the front than I wanted,,, but it's done now.

Also had to install spacers for my ZRP Trailing Arm brackets due to them ever so lightly rubbing my Trailing arms.

At full compression they rubbed a bit of the powder coat of my OEM Trailing arms. I noticed that they were very close upon install (even though ZRP hogs out some material for clearance). I checked them after my first run in the sand, and sure enough, they did touch under suspension load. The drivers side was worse than the pass side. I ended up temporarily spacing them on that trip,,,, to verify they no longer rubbed. I completed a nice Stainless spacer for each side yesterday for a permanent fix. Needed about 2mm of spacing at the chassis mount for the brackets to clear fully. :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else installs these. I'm sure it's different on every car due to build tolerance of the car. Pretty sure the ZRP units are balls on accurate, so I'm not calling this a ZRP issue. Pretty sure it's a Can Am consistency issue.

·
Registered
453 Posts
not much lately. still waiting on my henn doors and will be putting them on once i get them in hand. cant wait to try out the turbo heater, and full cab setup after that!

have a bunch of parts coming for the defender too, its been like xmas around here hahahaha

steve

Reactions: AZ Off Road

·
Registered
2021 xds turbo rr
86 Posts
I mouthed off customer service at canada post, canada customs, ebay and pitney bowes for losing the third rear windshiekd ive purchased in the past 2 months. All have been refunded by ebay of course but still. How the hell am i supposed to enjoy winter riding? Its christmas and most of my shit has not shown up yet from ebay or amazon. Rear windshield, onx6 with shock mount, device holder, replacement fender, bent metal 2.0. So far ive got the bent metal and the fender and i ordered them back in October. I will be amazed if three seperate rear windshiekds show up after christmas. Now that would be funny

·
Registered
X3 XRS R Triple Black
1,909 Posts
I mouthed off customer service at canada post, canada customs, ebay and pitney bowes for losing the third rear windshiekd ive purchased in the past 2 months. All have been refunded by ebay of course but still. How the hell am i supposed to enjoy winter riding? Its christmas and most of my shit has not shown up yet from ebay or amazon. Rear windshield, onx6 with shock mount, device holder, replacement fender, bent metal 2.0. So far ive got the bent metal and the fender and i ordered them back in October. I will be amazed if three seperate rear windshiekds show up after christmas. Now that would be funny
Bet those customs guys have some nice rear windows

2041 - 2060 of 2072 Posts