Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
2021 - 2040 of 2054 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
799 Posts
Not specific to the X3 but I had In Ear Monitors made for my wife and me. They plug into our helmets and are similar to what is used in NASCAR and Indy Car. I went with 3.5mm in the helmets
Textile Wood Lighting Art Rectangle
but I think RCA is more common with race teams.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I ordered a new RPM exhaust to go with the rest of the pile of parts while I wait for it to get here. It’s getting harder to support my original statement to my wife “this one has everything it needs”. Mumbled under my breath plus exhaust, shock brace, bulkhead kit, winch, BOV, street legal kit, light bar, fenders, chase lights, whips, windshield, stereo, storage, and some shiny things.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
799 Posts
I assume you still need a boom mic so you can talk to the wife correct.
The helmets are wired with a mic. There is a 3.5mm jack that the monitors plug into inside the helmet and replace the in helmet speakers. It is similar to what is used in F1, NASCAR, Indy, etc. Not the exact same hardware but conceptually the same. The monitors were built by a company that makes them for NASCAR teams. I looked at a couple of European companies but found a local lab that could have them made in North America.

Here is a picture of the jack and you can see the mic as well.
Automotive tire Steering wheel Steering part Motor vehicle Thumb

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
799 Posts
Seem like a good way to go. How is the price again I assume a lot more?
They were $300 per pair. The Rugged customs are $205 in comparison. I have the Rugged semi-custom molded earbuds and I can tell you the new custom monitors are night and day better; they actually fit tight, block sound, and don't move around.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
799 Posts
I ordered a new RPM exhaust to go with the rest of the pile of parts while I wait for it to get here. It’s getting harder to support my original statement to my wife “this one has everything it needs”. Mumbled under my breath plus exhaust, shock brace, bulkhead kit, winch, BOV, street legal kit, light bar, fenders, chase lights, whips, windshield, stereo, storage, and some shiny things.
The Evo recirculated blow off valve is worth the price if you're doing the charge tubes at the same time. You just run it back into the part for the PCV when you add a catch can.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
799 Posts
Cascade Thank you for the info....
You're Welcome. I should probably add that the $300 is delivered and included a Audiologist doing molds of my ears, a hearing test, and the manufacturer scanning the molds for future devices. They threw in a free set of custom molded passive earplugs. I was expecting to spend considerably more money and feel like these were a bargain.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Installed some ZRP Trailing Arm Braces yesterday. Easy-Peasy install. Thought I may have to disconnect the shocks and perhaps the sway bar links.

Turns out just jacking the car up until the rear tires were just touching the ground was good enough. Remove three bolts, insert brace, install three bolts. Doesn't get easier than that. As usual,,, ZRP quality was perfect. (y)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Installed CT Raceworx a arm bushings. I wasn’t looking forward to taking the arms off, my first time having this front end apart . It wasn’t to bad , actually easier than what I was expecting, except for when I forgot to put the pins on the driver side upper and had to take it back apart 🤦🏽… live and learn …

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Installed Whalen speed 170 tune,machined new steel eyelets for the toe link swapped in new rear bearings and swapped a smashed beadlock ring out with my sparetire ring ..**** those DWT rings bend easy

·
Registered
440 Posts
picked up some emp windows for the front and back along with a intake relocate from them. got the intake stuff situated and the front windshield on but have to do the rear still. also waiting on some brian henn items- upper doors and a turbo heater are coming from him soon hopefully.

the x3 will be ready for winter riding after i get all of that installed on it. it will not come soon enough, as WI is getting cold now.

My defender max xt hd10 was supposed to be here already but has a new eta of december so i am hoping that comes soon too.

steve

2021 - 2040 of 2054 Posts