Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
2001 - 2020 of 2034 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Maybe the buy once cry once thing broken down means the crying comes because I have deal with someone from customer service after buying it.
OK, but better than dealing with someone in China or Taiwan, if you even could. Call them tomorrow and explain. Try Jeff, he's great. And remember anything goes wrong with the light, it's covered forever. Didn't you also post a pic showing the light throw difference too?

·
Registered
346 Posts
OK, but better than dealing with someone in China or Taiwan, if you even could. Call them tomorrow and explain. Try Jeff, he's great. And remember anything goes wrong with the light, it's covered forever. Didn't you also post a pic showing the light throw difference too?
True, but with Amazon you don’t have to actually talk to anyone. Regarding the Baja, This is my luck. I’m somehow not surprised in the slightest I got one that wasn’t right. I know they’ll make it right but I’m still going to have fun with this for a minute.

I did, it’s in the budget bar thread, but I’ll add it here. Someone wants different pictures of them facing a tree line which I’ll try and get tomorrow. I thought this one was good for showing where the lights pattern the ground trying to keep the adjustments similar. The Baja starts earlier and ends later. And I don’t know how my dog isn’t blind now.
Sky Tree Flash photography Grass Landscape

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
True, but with Amazon you don’t have to actually talk to anyone. Regarding the Baja, This is my luck. I’m somehow not surprised in the slightest I got one that wasn’t right. I know they’ll make it right but I’m still going to have fun with this for a minute.

I did, it’s in the budget bar thread, but I’ll add it here. Someone wants different pictures of them facing a tree line which I’ll try and get tomorrow. I thought this one was good for showing where the lights pattern the ground trying to keep the adjustments similar. The Baja starts earlier and ends later. And I don’t know how my dog isn’t blind now.
View attachment 272292
Wild guess, but could the screws not be tight on the bezel?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wild guess, but could the screws not be tight on the bezel?
I didn’t check, figured it best to leave it as it was. I’d think I’d see gasket material which I don’t.
I asked, because for all I knew it had an outer lense meant to be that way and maybe it had an inner lense I couldn’t see. (seems odd but was an idea) I know they’re replaceable for amber or a different light pattern.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I choose thrice for $800 Alex

My guess would be the o ring things isn’t in the channel, I think the channel is both on the bar and the lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Either I got a bad second bar, or it’s normal. I’m going with normal.

I took the face off the new one. No gasket between the face that screws into the housing. The gasket is an Oring between the lense and housing and the face sandwiches them. It’s a water tight design.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Either I got a bad second bar, or it’s normal. I’m going with normal.

I took the face off the new one. No gasket between the face that screws into the housing. The gasket is an Oring between the lense and housing and the face sandwiches them. It’s a water tight design.
Good to know! Go light up the night!

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Added a Whalen ws180 tune big injectors and a wideband.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
683 Posts
Alba is running a sale on their clutch tools.

I did the "500 mile" clutch service. Nothing looked warn, replaced three o rings and added grease to the primary bearing. Cleaned and inspected the sheaves. Boring maintenance really.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Alba is running a sale on their clutch tools.

I did the "500 mile" clutch service. Nothing looked warn, replaced three o rings and added grease to the primary bearing. Cleaned and inspected the sheaves. Boring maintenance really.
What grease did you use

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
683 Posts
I should do that as well

I was surprised how much dirt was caked in primary. Blowing out the clutches with compressed air was not sufficient and I had to scrub the surfaces with a brush. The car has never been in water or mud.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
683 Posts
I’ll need to hop in Alba’s site today it looks like

The correct tools make the job fairly simple. I already had the OEM clutch holding tool so retorquing the primary and secondary was also easy. The Alba tools are simple and should be everything you need to do all of your clutch work minus the roller pin driver.

2001 - 2020 of 2034 Posts