Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Interesting? I’m liking it! Need a wheel & tire and couple shots rear profile and from above how close is a 32 from the ground when crawling
Give me a week. This is our 3rd or 4th version. We tested heat with infrared and the tire is cooler than the tires on the ground. We've tested it with a 33" tensor. I can get all the measurements soon

·
Registered
101 Posts
I like it, doesn't take up the bed like my spare. I hope you don't end up burning a hole in the tire from the exhaust. One time I was using my pressure washer and didn't notice the exhaust was pointing at a nearby gas can. Somehow it melted a hole high up in the low filled gas can and didn't blow up haha. -Jay (outrunning Darwin since 1972)
Highest temp we noted was 140, tires on the ground saw 150 on our test loops. Rubber starts breaking down at 200

·
Registered
101 Posts
What’s it made out of mild steel 65 or 90 thousandth

I like the lower attachment points are those threaded weldment’s in the lower cross tube
.120 DOM
Machined inserts that go into that structural cross bar about 2.5", then tapped on both axis to prevent rotation and allow the main structure to bolt on.

Fits on stock cages and aftermarket cages. We have 2 different clamp types.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Give me a week. This is our 3rd or 4th version. We tested heat with infrared and the tire is cooler than the tires on the ground. We've tested it with a 33" tensor. I can get all the measurements soon
Here's a 30"
36" from ground to bottom of tire. This car doesn't even have proper preload set. Once we get the one for our shop car on, I'll measure that as well

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's going to have a pretty negative effect on the car's roll center. I'd rather have the weight over the axle than behind it.

A road car and offroad car are very different. Check out 90% of the BITD utvs, class 1, 6100, trophy trucks.....all have spares behind the rear axle. While weight balance is incredibly important, without a ton of fab work there is no: "ideal" bolt on solution. This wont be for everyone obviously. Rear departure angle is affected as well. But for the desert crowd, this works great. We've tested many variations of this design and have been happy with the weight balance in the high speed whoops we ride here

·
Registered
101 Posts
I dune with a guy that is pretty heavy into the offroad race scene. He has friends in the business that swear the X3 actually behaves better with some weight out where that spare sits. He says the X3 suspension handles much better (even in stock form) with some weight out there,,, particularly when jumping. Evidently the weight keeps the rear from rebounding too quickly, causing the nose to dive when jumping. 🤷‍♂️

I have no experience/opinion either way,,, just passing on some info that I've heard from fellas I trust.

Personally, I wouldn't want the weight out there,,, because I dune 90% of the time and wouldn't want the added suspension load during G-outs. For the occasional desert ride, or perhaps a Phx to Rim Country trip, having the spare would be more beneficial than the added weight would be a hinderance. YMMV.

Either way,,, I like the set up for a desert car. A good spear solution for someone that prefers the OEM cage (y)
also works on aftermarket cages. we have one on our shop car

·
Registered
101 Posts
Glass guy is definitely taking his time so for now it's on hold. Still need to do final alignment of the Funco doors. Buttoned up the full exhaust and EVP stage 3r tune today, adjusted crack pressure, broke in new belt, installed 4pt harnesses, rewired the previous shops job for the 40" single row, dome and LED mirrors (waiting on the correct clamps that will work with the windshield), re did some of the stereo stuff as well since I have nothing else to do except wire up some stuff on the shop cars
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
101 Posts
Those doors are screaming for a big "RC blue" (don't know the actual color name) stripe on them to tie in the rear blue with the front blue. Diagonally across the middle of the pair of doors,,,, where the door skin is raised. IMO. ;)
I'll leave that up to the owner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts