Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Fabricated a shock tower bracket for the new 10” Baja bar and mounted some cornering lights. Not sure if I’m loving the location I picked for the corner lights. Thoughts?

I’ll get them all wired in tomorrow evening.
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
541 Posts
Pull back the shot. 2 things, yes there shouldn't be any gaps, and never listen to a homicidal maniac!
Im gonna fire both barrels! I wish you didn’t say that, and it was normal. My build quality points are going to China now instead of having to admit how great everything is about the Baja Designs.

·
Registered
541 Posts
OK, but better than dealing with someone in China or Taiwan, if you even could. Call them tomorrow and explain. Try Jeff, he's great. And remember anything goes wrong with the light, it's covered forever. Didn't you also post a pic showing the light throw difference too?
True, but with Amazon you don’t have to actually talk to anyone. Regarding the Baja, This is my luck. I’m somehow not surprised in the slightest I got one that wasn’t right. I know they’ll make it right but I’m still going to have fun with this for a minute.

I did, it’s in the budget bar thread, but I’ll add it here. Someone wants different pictures of them facing a tree line which I’ll try and get tomorrow. I thought this one was good for showing where the lights pattern the ground trying to keep the adjustments similar. The Baja starts earlier and ends later. And I don’t know how my dog isn’t blind now.
Sky Tree Flash photography Grass Landscape

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wild guess, but could the screws not be tight on the bezel?
I didn’t check, figured it best to leave it as it was. I’d think I’d see gasket material which I don’t.
I asked, because for all I knew it had an outer lense meant to be that way and maybe it had an inner lense I couldn’t see. (seems odd but was an idea) I know they’re replaceable for amber or a different light pattern.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I choose thrice for $800 Alex

My guess would be the o ring things isn’t in the channel, I think the channel is both on the bar and the lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Either I got a bad second bar, or it’s normal. I’m going with normal.

I took the face off the new one. No gasket between the face that screws into the housing. The gasket is an Oring between the lense and housing and the face sandwiches them. It’s a water tight design.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I don't understand what's fun about that,,, but glad you enjoyed it!. (y) Nice pics.
The why is easy.. I get to go out and ride! I didn't go through any mud holes this trip, all that slop is from greasy trails on a wet weekend. It's life on the East side. if you want to ride (over 10 MPH) more than a few days a year, you're going to be muddy.

Admittedly, this was a particularly dismal weekend and trail conditions were hard on the machines.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Got around to doing the shakedown and repairing the front axle from the weekend. Not quite what I expected with the broken axle but explains why I noticed it on flat ground. Also my upper A-arms must be bent, the holes at the shock mount are oval now. So, Broken Rhino 2.0 and bent SATV Arms….
Automotive tire Food Plant Rim Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Extinction Bone Tread

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Wood

·
Registered
541 Posts
I’m from there . Been riding there since before rush off road was even thought about. Lol. Is there a reason why you went with rhino axles? They don’t work that well. Oem are much better value and seem to be stronger. I’ve never broke one in over 3k miles .
Same reason as most people do. Believing the idea SATV sold better than stock components with a great warranty. Then finding out through experience that neither seem to be true. They do ship fast though!

At one point I had 3 Rhino 2.0 axles in my machine and right now it’s back down to one which will get replaced when it has a problem or I have it out for some reason. Aside from a couple boot issues, this is the first one that broke. So I wont the call the Rhino’s junk but I’m transitioning back to OEM axles.

My Dads experience on his X3 says all the axles are weak and the differential isn’t tough 🤣. He’s really good at breaking axles, he doesn’t seem to like to use finesse and rocks the full send mindset over obstacles and hills. Fun to watch though.

I’ve now broken 1 OEM and 1 rhino. He’s broken 2 OEM, 2 rhino’s and one smart lock diff which was running the 2.0’s at the time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts