Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Time to drag this up as it's not gotten much action.

Bought it and gave it a pair of shake down runs. Came home and found my daughter had been 'driving' it for nearly an hour. Took her out around the block and she's in love.

Ordered rock knockers, a Timken belt, and ZRP rear pull plate. Jacked it up and confirmed 1.5 inches of sag on the fox tune. Pulled the scrapers off.
Pulled the front end off and plasti-dipped the red fenders in the front as I really didn't like the look of it and if I'd have to toss them anyway, might as well paint them with what I already have.

Knocked out the sand from the filter, also going to order a S&B

Pulled the clutch cover and looked at the belt which appears fine, ordered the Timken anyway.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Interesting, I just bought one of those hitch locks yesterday, thought it looked pretty strong but then noticed hardly any metal inside the lock end. Do you trust it to slow someone down for a minute or two? I’m using it on my trailer currently as I didn’t have a better option from the local hardware store.

I put 20 pumps into my rear bearings yesterday, and picked up a trailer. Today I ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I guess it depends on the map layer you choose. I figure I'll be using the USFS map or Satellite with labels. Zoom to 14. Not sure if that's enough. I havn't gotten on out anywhere since making it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

1/3rd what I was hoping to. But did get the S&B on and done, wired the acc override, 2 10awg mains to the front (for something I guess down the road..)
Ran 1/2 the BD squad wiring and wired up the switch
Parking brake
Played with my 660 and accessories far too long (this will be very nice to have)
Installed 2 usb switches for charging, go pro etc

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Blew out my clutches there had to be at least a pound of dust in them, it’s in sane.

Figure out how to wire my chase light and radio antenna toy

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Show a pic of what you’re talking about. I’m thinking if you have only 2 mount points the case is bent and not laying flush on the bed. I have 3 points. Once center in the front, then each corner in the back. I have to push the handle a little to get it lined up but no problem with the case once closed

I think you have the back corners cranked down too much so it’s flexed. The case is tight, like a fingernail gap or less on each side. But I can’t open mine up a bunch because it hits the S&b so my corners stay tucked.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts