Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Drove them both to Glamis. Now I'm sitting in the air conditioning, LOL!

Reactions: repo22

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
How bad is the heat? I am debating on whether to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I'm still in the moho, LOL! IDK, I guess it's what you make of it. I set up camp, cones, mat, chairs I was soaked. I undid the tie downs, and that's it. They say Saturday is supposed to be really hot. I haven't made a Halloween in 2 years, so I forgot about the heat. There are some people here already, mostly 10 and lower.

Reactions: sand shark

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Saturday is suppose to be 94, which is like 100 plus in the sand. The weekend after it is suppose to be 82.

Well, today got to 91. Didn't do much other than hang out in the air. Going to go out very early tomorrow. Wish it was only 82, but what can you do. Riding in rain doesn't seem so bad now!

Reactions: sand shark

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Thanks Hollywood. There was a parts dealer there, can't remember their name. I will update once I get a hold of it. They had the parts shipped in for me the next day at a very reasonable price too. Rob was his name, great guy and kept me in the game for the remainder of the weekend. I made phone calls to every shop from Elk Grove to Reno and not one had the parts I needed. Huge props to him and his crew.
Yeah, that's what I meant. No part is "in stock". You have to order it, and wait upwards of 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Getting them ready, and loading them up for 12 days in Glamis!

Reactions: repo22

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Well, they broke out of the garage, drove into the trailer, and demanded to be taken to Glamis! Once here they told me they weren't leaving until 02 Jan. It's hard to argue with their demands, so I said OK!

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
No, my wi...err... boss did.
As I sit here in the dunes, shaking my Italian head! I thought there might be an opening for you Tom, but I might as well stay with Scooby. Dear God, what am I saying.........

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Any wind yet to clean up the dunes?

No, and none is forecast that I saw. Mid 70s until Saturday, then low 70s until Christmas, 68 Christmas, 64 next Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
I was hoping for some wind before I get there. Some of the dunes were tore up last weekend.

They're still torn up, LOL. What are you going to do? Better than being on a quad or a bike. I'm sure it will get worse as this week and next week progresses.

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
No, and none is forecast that I saw. Mid 70s until Saturday, then low 70s until Christmas, 68 Christmas, 64 next Wednesday.
Scratch that. You have to love weather reports, they are never right. Just saw the forecast again, 77 Christmas, 78 on Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
I know some areas that will still be good.

Yeah, same here. But the bowls by Osborne are a lot of fun, but the ruts are horrendous through there. A lot of the dunes are smooth, but the more traveled areas are beat up, as to be expected with wet sand.

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Howdy All,

Well, "I" didn't do the hard stuff that was handled by a local shop "Octane Toy Box" in Arlington Washington, they installed the S3 A-arms, Gusset Kit, Shock Brace and pull plate, they also installed the LM-UTV ball joints, the High Lifter radius rods and the Race Works tie rods. I installed the Can Am 23 gallon storage box, the spare tire mount and the mirrors. I now have all of the running gears mods that I want done, I bought the full meal deal Rugged Radio setup with intercom but it will be a while before I get that installed I am NOT good with anything electrical so I'll wait until my friend Chris can give me a hand with that stuff.

Its a darn good thing I waste my money on toys, gasoline, diesel fuel and tires, if not I might do something responsible with it and what the heck fun is there in doing that.

Dave
Looks great! Now, about all those warning stickers...........

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Howdy Hollywood X3,

Yeah, I suppose I should get around to taking all that stuff off, I have a hard time following such directives and have the scars and mended bones to prove it. ;)

Dave
Buy a can of Maxima SC-1. Peel the stickers off, spray some SC-1 on a shop rag, and the residue glue comes right off.

Reactions: Mr. Cob

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Howdy Hollywood X3,

Yeah, I suppose I should get around to taking all that stuff off, I have a hard time following such directives and have the scars and mended bones to prove it. ;)

Dave
Buy a can of Maxima SC-1. Peel the stickers off, spray some SC-1 on a shop rag, and the residue glue comes right off.

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Hmmmm, double post, not sure how that happened, LOL.

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Hollywood, thanks for the reminder...I keep forgetting the SC-1 and <shame> still have many of the steekers in place. I will repent tomorrow!
No problem. I gave my last can of SC-1 to a friend that just bought an X3. Hope he appreciates it.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts